Subject: [Capwap] Additions #15 - Configuration Consistency

From: "Saravanan Govindan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:10:21 +0800

Additions #15 - Configuration Consistency

Issue: 

Replace subsections as full objectives so they can be reviewed independently. Replace
subsection-5.2.5i-'Configuration Consistency' as a separate objective titled 'Configuration
Consistency'.

Proposed change: 

Classification: Operational

Priority: Mandatory

Description: 

The scale of WLANs in the CAPWAP context results in numerous WTPs. Each of these WTPs need to be
configured and managed in a consistent manner. This is possible by providing the centralized
controller with regular updates on the state of their operations. The centralized controller in turn
can consistently control the devices based on the information available.

Protocol Requirement: 

The CAPWAP protocol must be capable of allowing regular exchanges of statistics and other state
information.                                                          

Motivation and Protocol Benefits: 

A protocol that has access to regular state information can result in enhanced WLAN performance. It
provides more information on which to based management decisions.

Relation to Problem Statement: 

One of the major challenges described in the Problem Statement is that of maintaining consistent
configuration across the numerous WTPs of a WLAN. This objective fundamentally addresses this
challenge by providing relevant statistics and other information based on which configuration can be
appropriately maintained. 

_______________________________________________
Capwap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap