Subject: [Capwap] Additions #13 - New IEEE Requirements

From: "Saravanan Govindan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:00:28 +0800

Additions #13 - New IEEE Requirements

Issue: 

Replace subsections as full objectives so they can be reviewed independently. Replace
subsection-5.2.4ii-'Enable Support for New IEEE Requirements' as a separate objective titled
'Support for New IEEE Requirements'.

Proposed change: 

Classification: Architecture                                                 

Priority: Desirable                                                             

Description: 

The IEEE is currently reviewing IEEE 802.11 functionality. It is expected that the review will
result in new functional blocks, interfaces or information flows. The CAPWAP protocol must be able
to incorporate these revisions with minimal change.                                          

Protocol Requirement: The CAPWAP protocol must be openly structured to support new IEEE extensions.

Motivation and Protocol Benefits: 

There are a number of advances being made within the IEEE regarding the functionality of IEEE 802.11
technology. Since this represents one of the major wireless technologies in use today, it will be
beneficial for CAPWAP to incorporate the relevant new extensions.

Relation to Problem Statement: 

The Problem Statement presents an overview of the task of the IEEE 802.11 working group. This group
is focussed on defining the functional architecture of WTPs. It is necessary for the CAPWAP protocol
to reflect these definitions. 

_______________________________________________
Capwap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap