Subject: [Capwap] Wireless LAN Control Protocol (WiCoP)

From: "Saravanan Govindan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 22:44:47 +0800

Dear All,

We have submitted a draft on the Wireless LAN Control Protocol (WiCoP). 
WiCoP addresses local-MAC & split-MAC co-existence together with shared WLAN 
deployments.

The abstract:

The popularity of wireless local area networks (WLANs) has led to wide 
spread deployments across different establishments.  It has also translated 
in to increasing scale of the WLANs.  Large-scale deployments made of large 
numbers of wireless termination points (WTPs) and covering substantial areas 
are increasingly common.

The Wireless LAN Control Protocol (WiCoP) described in this document allows 
for the control and provisioning of large-scale WLANs.  It enables central 
management of these networks and realizes the objectives set forth for the 
control and provisioning of wireless access points (CAPWAP).

The full draft is available from;

http://www.psl.com.sg/internet-drafts/draft-iino-capwap-wicop-00.txt

Cheers,

Saravanan

_________________________________________________________________
Keep track of Singapore & Malaysia stock prices. 
http://www.msn.com.sg/money/

_______________________________________________
Capwap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap