Subject: RE: [Capwap] A simpler approach to CAPWAP

From: "Paul Lambert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:23:39 -0800

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Dan Harkins

> What's the benefit to the AC vendor? An operator can replace 
> your switch with mine without having to chuck the couple 
> hundred WTPs he purchased since my AC will happily give them 
> all brain transplants. It's a compelling option to offer a 
> customer and has obvious benefits to AC vendors.

Huh???  Since when is it possible to easily write firmware for a
competitors product?

Please provide me with the coordinates of your new Universe.  There are
some major differences between our phyical realities.  

Paul

_______________________________________________
Capwap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

---

From: Dan Harkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:46:13 -0800

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:23:39 PST you wrote
> Huh???  Since when is it possible to easily write firmware for a

Notice how I didn't say "easy"? And it requires the specs from the
competitor's products or the willful cooperation of the competitor.

Notice how I didn't say "competitor" either. I was talking about
a situation where WTPs speak a standard discovery and image download
protocol and swapping out ACs and leaving WTPs is possible. Saying
"replace my switch with your's" or "replace switch Foo with switch
Bar" would not alter the meaning of my statement. Please substitute
either of those suggestions if "replace your switch with mine" is
causing you conniptions.

> some major differences between our phyical realities.  

It's all relative Paul. From your perspective those differences seem to
put me in a different universe. Perhaps it is you, though. (Cue soundtrack
to "The Outer Limits").

  Dan.