Subject: [Capwap] Important Note: All Authors of Candidate Protocol

From: "Mani, Mahalingam (Mahalingam)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 22:26:03 -0600

The evaluation team is in place and met for the first time today.

The Objectives draft authors are expected to deliver a revision
reflecting the WG consensus on Friday (6/17).

While the revision goes through the customary review process (we expect
no impactive major revisions after this) and wends its way to WGLC and
onwards; the evaluation team will use this version as baseline.

So far we have not frozen the candidate protocols from revising their
drafts in consideration of meeting any (significant) changes to
Objectives draft. Theoretically one does not preclude such changes to
come about; but we believe this is the right point to do so in an
optimistic approach to parallelism and moving the WG milestones forward
albeit with all the delays so far.

Now - a deadline for revisions is flagged - a week from 6/17. Any
revisions the protocol authors wish to make to their submissions please
do so by 6//24/05. This will let the evaluation team do its work based
on the baselined revisions of the Objectives and Protocol drafts.

The general guidelines for the evaluation process are along the lines
used in evaluation of AAA protocol (refer RFC3127
<http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3127.txt?number=3127> ).

Hence - please note:

1.	Baseline revision of Objectives draft for evaluation being
submitted by 6/17 and available (may take a while to appear in ID
repository).
2.	Protocol revisions, if any, to be baselined by 6/24. If you do
not expect to revise your draft submission between now and that date -
do let the chairs know. We would notify the evaluation team to start
their work on those. We request all authors to note and hold to this
timeline (9pmPT of 6/24/05).
3.	6/24 is also the day for the authors to turn their comparison
drafts in. that will be a soft-date. The hard date is 6/26/05 9pmPT.

We will be arranging for all comparison and protocol revisions to be
accessible from the WG webpage
<http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/capwap-charter.html> .

Regards,

-mani & Dorothy

======

---

From: "Mani, Mahalingam (Mahalingam)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:45:42 -0600

Just a reminder that tomorrow is the deadline for submitting protocol
draft revisions for baselining  for evaluation.

It is also the preferred deadline for submitting revisions to comparison
drafts - for baselining. Monday is the hard deadline.

Thanks,

-WG Chairs

======

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Mani, Mahalingam (Mahalingam)
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 9:26 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Capwap] Important Note: All Authors of Candidate Protocol
Importance: High

Hence - please note:

Regards,

-mani & Dorothy

======