Subject: RE: [Capwap] Support for Traffic Separation

From: "Sadot, Emek (Emek)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 15:35:14 -0400

Pat,
 
A question regarding section 2.1.2 Support for Traffic Separation -
author's interpretation of Support for Traffic Separation: does LWAPP
supports an architecture in which the DS is implemented at the WTP?
(avoid tunneling data frames to a control entity).
 
Regards,
Emek

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Pat Calhoun
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 10:32 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Capwap] LWAPP Self Evaluation draft posted yesterday

All,
 
As per the protocol submission rules laid out by the chairs, the authors
of the LWAPP protocol submitted a self evaluation to the I-D draft
editors yesterday. I have made the draft available at
http://www.capwap.org/draft-calhoun-capwap-lwapp-objectives-comparison-0
0.txt
<http://www.capwap.org/draft-calhoun-capwap-lwapp-objectives-comparison-
00.txt> .
 
Comments welcomed!

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems

---

From: "Pat Calhoun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 05:16:30 -0700

My apologies for the latency in my response.
 
Yes, the LWAPP protocol supports what we refer to Local and Split MAC. In
Split MAC, the user's traffic is tunneled between the WTP and the AC while
in Local MAC the data is locally bridged. Draft 02 of the LWAPP draft does
not include enough text to cover the Local MAC case, even though shipping
LWAPP products do this today, but we will have this fixed up in -03.

Pat Calhoun

  _____  

From: Sadot, Emek (Emek) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 12:35 PM
To: Pat Calhoun; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Capwap] Support for Traffic Separation

Pat,
 
A question regarding section 2.1.2 Support for Traffic Separation - author's
interpretation of Support for Traffic Separation: does LWAPP supports an
architecture in which the DS is implemented at the WTP? (avoid tunneling
data frames to a control entity).
 
Regards,
Emek

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Pat Calhoun
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 10:32 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Capwap] LWAPP Self Evaluation draft posted yesterday

All,
 
As per the protocol submission rules laid out by the chairs, the authors of
the LWAPP protocol submitted a self evaluation to the I-D draft editors
yesterday. I have made the draft available at
<http://www.capwap.org/draft-calhoun-capwap-lwapp-objectives-comparison-00.t
xt>
http://www.capwap.org/draft-calhoun-capwap-lwapp-objectives-comparison-00.tx
t.
 
Comments welcomed!

Pat Calhoun