Subject: [Capwap] Protocol Evaluation Approach

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 22:29:58 -0700

Dear all,
I was wondering if the chairs and AD are considering a design team
approach or selecting one of the four is considered the only way to go?
Thanks,

--behcet

_______________________________________________
Capwap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

---

From: "Mani, Mahalingam (Mahalingam)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 07:16:10 -0600

Not sure what you meant by design-team approach here.

The intent is to adopt the best of features into the result of
evaluation exercise - if the evaluation comes up with a distinct winner
meeting the Objectives & RFC3990 criteria.

-mani
======
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Behcet Sarikaya
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 10:30 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Capwap] Protocol Evaluation Approach

Dear all,

--behcet

---

From: "Nelson, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 09:51:18 -0400

> meeting the Objectives & RFC3990 criteria.

If the evaluation comes up with a distinct winner, this is not an issue.
If the evaluation indicates that Protocol A meets most of the
requirements, and more than any other protocol, but that adding certain
features from Protocol B would meet all of the requirements, it may be
desirable to have a design team tasked to perform the feature
integration.  We probably ought to see what the outcome of the
evaluation is, and the WG's response to that evaluation, before deciding
that a design team might be useful.

-- Dave

---

From: "Dick Eckard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 09:56:21 -0400

Has an evaluation group been formed, or when is that likely to take
place?

Dick Eckard

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Nelson, David
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2005 9:51 AM
To: Mani, Mahalingam (Mahalingam); [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Capwap] Protocol Evaluation Approach

-- Dave

---

From: "Darren Loher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:07:03 -0700

Like Dave suggests,  I think we should wait and see what comes of the
evaluation.  I think it's possible the evaluation could recommend the
integration of additional capabilities for a particular protocol.  

If that were to happen, I am not sure of the best way to proceed, but I
believe it would be up to the editors of that protocol to decide how
best to add those capabilities to their draft and obtain working group
acceptance of the changes.  

-Darren

> Sent: Friday, June 10, 2005 7:51 AM
[email-masked]