Subject: [Capwap] draft-kelly-capwap-lwapp-dtls-00.txt available

From: "Scott G. Kelly" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:57:36 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Hi All,

Eric Rescorla and I have written a draft explaining how to use DTLS to secure LWAPP. Unfortunately, I missed the ID editor's deadline by an hour or so (danged xml2rfc documentation doesn't explain reference creation very well!), but you can see the current doc here, for the time being:

http://www.capwap.org/DraftsForEvaluation/draft-kelly-capwap-lwapp-dtls-00.txt

--Scott

_______________________________________________
Capwap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

---

From: Charles Clancy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 08:06:18 -0400

The draft looks good to me.  I'd have more warm fuzzies if I saw some 
ASCII art showing the TLS handshake, though it's probably unnecessary.

I haven't been following the L2 vs L3 threads, but if L2 support stays, 
I think we should do muxing, and if it doesn't, we should do port-based 
delineation of control and data flows.

On a side note, with respect to the security evaluation, there were some 
subtle security issues raised in the review.  The authors quickly 
addressed them in -03 by redesigning the authentication protocol and 
adding some clarifying text.

[ t. charles clancy ]--[ [email-masked] ]--[ www.cs.umd.edu/~clancy ]
[ computer science ]-----[ university of maryland | college park ]

---

From: Scott G Kelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 06:20:21 -0700

Hi Charles,

Thanks for your comments. The 00 rev was a bit rushed trying to hit the 
ID editor's deadline for the upcoming IETF (which was, as it turned out, 
missed anyway). The next rev will have more detail, as well as 
formatting improvements. I also noticed a cut-and-paste error in the MAY 
cipher list for certs. This will be fixed as well.

Scott

Charles Clancy wrote:
>> Eric Rescorla and I have written a draft explaining how to use DTLS to 
>> secure LWAPP. Unfortunately, I missed the ID editor's deadline by an 
>> hour or so (danged xml2rfc documentation doesn't explain reference 
>> creation very well!), but you can see the current doc here, for the 
>> time being:
>>