Subject: [Capwap] Additional Comments on LWAPP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 23:39:45 -0000 (GMT)

General Comment:  Radio ID's are limited to be between 0 and 7 inclusive. 
The definition of Radio ID in the fields should show this limited range --
one byte allocated but only 8 values allowed.

Page 35 -- 5.2.1 AC address
I do not understand this.  It is not useful with a layer 3 transport.  If
using a layer 2 transport then I would assume the broadcast or multicast
from the Discovery Message would have been heard by any other AC's -- so
rather than respond -- would it not be best to stay silent?

General Comment:  Is there a case where one has a simple discovery agent
running in dumb hardware -- its only purpose is to redirect the WTP to the
real AC?  There seems to be hints of this possibility but it is not
spelled out.

Philip

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap