Subject: [Capwap] CAPWAP Candidate Protocol Evaluation: WG Consensus

From: "Mani, Mahalingam (Mahalingam)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 21:08:01 -0700

Thanks for responding to the poll for (better) measuring WG opinion on
the evaluation draft's baseline recommendation. The intent was to get a
better feel for sensing the pulse than at times the discussions may
allow for.

The poll indicates 49 in favor of the evaluation team's recommendation
of baseline protocol and 19 against.

Taken together with discussions in the WG mailing list and in WG
sessions; the working group chairs recognize that this consensus is very
rough. However, the WG chairs judge that we would not be able to reach a
more universal consensus *and* be able to complete our work within a
reasonable amount of time.

While we would have liked to see a clearer consensus; in the interests
of moving work forward, the chairs believe the best available option is
to

1. use evaluation-team recommendation of LWAPP as the baseline CAPWAP
protocol and

2. work to
   (a) resolve issues/features discussed in the list
   (b) other recommendations proposed in the evaluation to be further
       considered / discarded for adoption/change in the resulting
CAPWAP 
       protocol work.
   (c) other WG items in the charter.
 
Regards,
-Mani & Dorothy
======

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap