Subject: [Capwap] CAPWAP packet formats

From: "David T. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 14:29:35 -0700 (PDT)

HI,

I sent in a proposal for an update of the CAPWAP packet
formats, and haven't heard back much. I plan to send an
update later today or tomorrow.

The planned updates include:
1) a few typo fixes, and terminology updates
2) details about encapsulation of data packets
3) some more info about how the msg seq num, msg ID, and "F"
   fields from the control header are used in retries
4) the high level reasons behind the proposal
 
Are there any other items to include?

Editors - what are your plans for CAPWAP-02?

Regards,
/david t. perkins

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Dorothy Stanley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 14:57:43 -0700

David,

My understanding of the editors' schedule for CAPWAP-02 is as follows.

Now though June 21st (Wednesday) resolve issues on the list and incorporate
the corresponding text changes.

June 22-23 - Editors final review of draft for inadvertent typos,
mis-applied changes, etc

June 23 (latest) - Submit -02 for publication. The hard stop submission
deadline is Monday June 26 9am Eastern.

The update proposal which you reference is captured as issue 137.

Thanks,

Dorothy