Subject: [Capwap] Call for candidates for additional WG co-chair for CAPWAP

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 17:58:26 +0300

In order to increase the efficiency of the work in the CAPWAP Working
Group (http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/capwap-charter.html), and in
order to accelerate the consensus process in the Working Group, the Area
Directors decided to create a third co-chair position for the CAPWAP WG.

The ADs have decided to write down a brief profile for the WG chair(s).

We would like you to consider this profile and either nominate yourself
or other people that you think that would fit well in this role by
sending mail to the OPS ADs.
(<[email-masked]> and <[email-masked]>).

We do not intend to disclose the names of the nominees in public, but we
will probably solicit for feedback with various other people. If you
have a problem with your name being mentioned in this context, pls let
us know.

Note that this profile is written for a somewhat ideal candidate. We
fully realize that such people are probably non-existent, so don't
hesitate to nominate somebody who in your opinion would fit this role
quite well but doesn't fit this profile 100%. And the intend is to
select two co-chairs that can complement each other and work together.

As for the profile:
 
- Good management and process skills, including but not limited to
  choosing and supervising editors, commitment and follow-through on
  the charter, active management of the working group discussions,
  and handling IETF process steps in prompt fashion.
- Good basic knowledge of the wireless LAN and IP mobility protocols
- Good understanding of requirements, candidate proposals and
work-in-progress in CAPWAP
- Operational background/experience is very desirable.
- Enough available time. For example, preferable not more than one
  other working chair role in IETF.
- There is no requirement that the candidate has been an IETF working
  group chair before, but it helps if there is some evidence that the
  candidate can fulfill such a role (e.g.. other management role in
  other places than IETF etc.)

We would like to receive your comments & nominations by July 7th,  2006
and we plan to make a decision as soon as possible thereafter.
It will be helpful if you indicate in your nomination mail how you or
the nominated candidate fits this profile as best as possible. 

Dan Romascanu and David Kessens
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap