Subject: [Capwap] Message type summary

From: "David T. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 18:15:45 -0700 (PDT)

HI,

Below is a summary of the message types from my "cheat sheet".

Note that I've renamed several of the messages to be consistent
with standard terminology used in network protocols.
That is
  request/response - ask to do something, and then get back the result
  report/ack - provide some info, and get back an acknowledgement
                    that it was received

I have issues with several of these messages, which will be
sent other emails. However, wanted to provide this list
so that all can agree on the state which sent, and the
direction.

pattern - (<section_where_defined>)<name>(<message_type_value>)
               (<states_where_sent>) (<direction_sent>)

(5.1)Discovery Request(1) (Discovery state) (WTP->AC)
(5.2)Discovery Response(2) (no state) (AC->WTP)
(5.3)Primary Discovery Request(19) - DISCUSS:remove this
(5.4)Primary Discovery Response(20) - DISCUSS:remove this
(6.1)Join Request(3) (Join state) (WTP->AC)
(6.2)Join Response(4) (Join state) (AC->WTP)
(7.1)Echo Request(13) (any normal state) (AC->WTP and WTP->AC)
(7.2)Echo Response(14) (any normal state) (WTP->AC and AC->WTP)
(8.2)Configuration Status Report(5) (configure state) (WTP->AC)
(8.3)Configure Status Ack(6) (configure state) (AC->WTP)
(8.4)Configuration Update Request(7) (configure and run states) (AC->WTP)
(8.5)Configuration Update Response(8) (configure and run states) (WTP->AC)
(8.6)Change State Event Report(11) (configure and run states) (WTP->AC)
(8.7)Change State Event Ack(12) (configure and run states) (AC->WTP)
(8.8)Clear Config Request(23) (config and run state) (AC->WTP)
(9.1a)Image Data Request(15) (join/configure and run states) (WTP->AC)
(9.2a)Image Data Response(16) (join/configure and run states) (AC->WTP)
(9.1b)Image Data Request(15) (image data state) (AC->WTP)
(9.2b)Image Data Response(16) (image data state) (WTP->AC)
(9.1c)Image Data Request(15) (run state) (AC->WTP)
(9.2c)Image Data Response(16) (run state) (WTP->AC)
(9.3)Reset Request(17) (run state) (AC->WTP)
(9.4)Reset Response(18) (run state) (WTP->AC)
(9.5)WTP Event Report(9) (run state) (WTP->AC)
(9.6)WTP Event Ack(10) (run state) (AC->WTP)
(9.7)Data Transfer Request(21) (run state) (WTP->AC)
(9.8)Data Transfer Response(22) (run state) (AC->WTP)
(10.1)Mobile Config Request(24) (run state) (AC->WTP)
(10.2)Mobile Config Response(25) (run state) (WTP->AC)
(11.7.1)IEEE 802.11 WLAN Config Request(3398912(13277:0)) (run state)
(AC->WTP)
(11.7.2)IEEE 802.11 WLAN Config Response(3398913(13277:1)) (run state)
(WTP->AC)

Regards,
/david t. perkins

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap