Subject: [Capwap] Issue 84: Statistics for WTP Event Request

From: "Saravanan Govindan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 13:20:16 +0800

All,

For generic, non-binding-specific statistics, I suggest WTP Event
Request be used to exchange this information. 

Saravanan

Suggested updates:

Section 9.5. WTP Event Request

[Add the following type of message element at end of the section]

*	System Statistics, see Section 4.4.45

Section 4.4. CAPWAP Protocol Message Elements

[Add the following sub-section for non-binding-specific statistics
4.4.45]

4.4.45.     System Statistics

The System Statistics message element in used to exchange state and
capacity information of the wireless network as a whole. This message
element is sent by a WTP to an AC. 

      0                   1                   2                   3

      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1

     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

     |           WTP Load            |     WTP Transmit Queue        |

     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

     |      Channel Interference     |          Congestion           |

     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Type: 45
 
Length: 8
 
WTP Load: A 16-bit value specifying the load (frames/sec) exchanged by
the WTP.
 
WTP Transmit Queue: A 16-bit value specifying the prevailing queue level
as a 
                    portion of total queue size.
 
Channel Interference: A 16-bit value specifying SINR (dB) monitored by
the WTP.
 
Congestion: A 16-bit value specifying the congestion experienced by the
WTP.

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap