Subject: [Capwap] Binding element for scanning report ?

From: Sachin Dutta <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 15:40:48 +0530

Hi All,

As scanning is part of MAC protocol should there be a TLV to send that
report from WTP to AC? Because for RF solutions WTP need to perform scanning
and analyze that data. Currently for these solutions vendors have
proprietary algorithms. Should the data collection part be standardized?
(The data interpretation can remain vendor specific)

This will help in achieving greater interoperability, as AC can collect data
and statistics from different vendor's WTPs but the algorithms and solution
to analyze them can still remain proprietary

In this regard should CAPWAP provide the binding for sending scanning
report/statistics from WTP to AC?

Regards,

Sachin

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Michael Montemurro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:05:32 -0400

Sachin,

I created issue 148 to track this request.

Cheers,

Mike

On 6/26/06, Sachin Dutta <[email-masked]> wrote:
> This will help in achieving greater interoperability, as AC can collect
> data and statistics from different vendor's WTPs but the algorithms and
> solution to analyze them can still remain proprietary
>
>
>