Subject: [Capwap] Proposed text for issue 222: Need clarity on how managment frames are carried

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 09:36:04 -0800

Please find proposed text for the above mentioned issue. The proposed
text introduces a new section in the 802.11 binding document.

4.  CAPWAP Data Message Bindings
[...]

4.1.  IEEE 802.11 MAC Management Frames

The CAPWAP protocol defines two different modes of encapsulating 802.11
data frames. Both 802.3 and a native mode is possible, which is further
clarified in section 4. Regardless of the CAPWAP data format used by the
AC and the WTP, all 802.11 MAC management frames MUST be encapsulated as
CAPWAP data frames in their native 802.11 format. These frames MUST set
the CAPWAP header 'T' bit to zero (0), indicating native wireless frame
format, and the WBID field MUST be set to IEEE 802.11.

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap