Subject: Re: [Capwap] Issue 259: WBI Registry Missing from IANA Considerations

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 14:09:27 -0700

No comments were received on the original proposal, therefore this issue
is now resolved and closed.

PatC 

-----Original Message-----
From: Pat Calhoun (pacalhou) 
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 9:06 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Capwap] Issue 259: WBI Registry Missing from IANA
Considerations

All,

Please see the following text to address this specific issue. I also
noted that in adding section 14.2 that the first section did not provide
guidance on the action type required for the assignment of a message
type. I have therefore added some text and included it here for review.

<proposed text>
14.1.  CAPWAP Message Types

   The Message Type field in the CAPWAP header (Section 4.5.1.1) is used
   to identify the operation performed by the message.  There are
   multiple namespaces, which is identified via the first three octets
   of the field containing the IANA Enterprise Number [10].  When the
   Enterprise Number is set to zero, the message types are reserved for
   use by the base CAPWAP specification which are controlled and
   maintained by IANA and requires a Standards Action.

14.2.  Wireless Binding Identifiers

   The Wireless Binding Identifier (WBID) field in the CAPWAP header
   (Section 4.3) is used to identify the wireless technology associated
   with the packet.  Due to the limited address space available, a new
   WBID request requires Standards Action.

</proposed text>

PatC
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap