Subject: Re: [Capwap] Proposed Text for Issue 254

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 14:10:14 -0700

This issue was addressed with no comments. It is now resolved and
closed.
 
PatC

________________________________

From: Abhijit Choudhury (achoudhu) 
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 7:26 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Capwap] Proposed Text for Issue 254

Below is the proposed text for Issue 254, which has been updated based
on feedback on the list.
 
Thanks,
Abhijit
 
-------------------------PROPOSED
TEXT---------------------------------------
 
1. Add the following to Terminology (Section 1.4)

      CAPWAP Control Channel:  A bi-directional flow defined by AC's
IP-Addr, 

       WTP's IP-Addr, IP protocol, AC's control port and WTP's control
port, 

       over which CAPWAP control packets are sent. 

       CAPWAP Data Channel:  A bi-directional flow defined by IP-Addr, 

       WTP's IP-Addr,  IP protocol, AC's data port and WTP's data port, 

       over which CAPWAP data packets are sent. 

2. In Section 3.1

    Replace

        CAPWAP protocol control packets sent between the WTP and the AC
use
        well known UDP port [to be IANA assigned].  CAPWAP protocol data
        packets sent between the WTP and the AC use UDP port [to be IANA
        assigned].

    With
         CAPWAP protocol control packets sent from the WTP to the AC use

         the CAPWAP control channel, as defined in Section 1.4.  The
CAPWAP 
         control port at the AC is the well known UDP port [to be IANA
assigned] 
         while the control port at the WTP can be any port selected by
the 
         implementation at the WTP. CAPWAP protocol data packets sent
from 
         the WTP to the AC use the CAPWAP data channel, as defined in
Section 1.4.  
         The CAPWAP data port at the AC is the well known UDP port [to
be IANA 
         assigned], while the data port at the WTP can be any port
selected by 
         the implementation at the WTP. In either case, for packets sent
by the 
         AC to the WTP, the source and destination ports are reversed.

3. In Section 4.1

    Replace

         Payload Type:  A 4 bit field which specifies the payload type
that
          follows the preamble header.  The following values are
supported:

          0 -  Clear text.  If the packet is received on the data UDP
port,
             the CAPWAP stack MUST treat the packet as a clear text
CAPWAP
             data packet.  If received on the control UDP port, the
CAPWAP
             stack MUST treat the packet as a clear text CAPWAP control
             packet.  If the control packet is not a Discovery Request
or
             Response packet, the packet MUST be dropped.

          1 -  DTLS Payload.  The packet is a DTLS packet and MAY be a
data
             or control packet, based on the UDP port it was received on
             (see Section 3.1).

    With

         Payload Type:  A 4 bit field which specifies the payload type
that
          follows the preamble header.  The following values are
supported:

          0 -  Clear text.  If the packet is received on the CAPWAP data
channel,
             the CAPWAP stack MUST treat the packet as a clear text
CAPWAP
             data packet.  If received on the CAPWAP control channel,
the CAPWAP
             stack MUST treat the packet as a clear text CAPWAP control
             packet.  If the control packet is not a Discovery Request
or
             Response packet, the packet MUST be dropped.

          1 -  DTLS Payload.  The packet is a DTLS packet and MAY be a
data
             or control packet, based on the channel it was received on
             (see Section 3.1).

4. In Section 4.3

   Replace

      Both CAPWAP data messages are transmitted on the data channel UDP
port.

   With

       Both CAPWAP data messages are transmitted on the data channel.

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap