Subject: [Capwap] AC state transition: Join to Image Data/Configure in capwap spec draft 10

From: "Yong Zhang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 08:49:53 -0700

With the changes for issue 102, the state transition still has
problems. Here is the current text:

Join to Image Data (f):

AC:  This state transition occurs when the AC receives the Image
>         Data Request message from the WTP, after having sent its Join
>         Response to the WTP.

Join to Configure (g):

AC:  This state transition occurs immediately after the AC
         transmits the Join Response message to the WTP.

Join will only go to Configure. Is the Configure Status message a MUST
sent message by WTP? If it is, we can change the (g) to

Join to Configure (g):

AC:  This state transition occurs when the AC receives the Configure
         Status message from the WTP, after having sent its Join
        Response to the WTP.
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:17:02 -0700

Interesting catch. Yes, you are correct that the text was misleading,
and required one to guess. This does need to be fixed, and I've created
a new issue 136 to deal with it. The approach you propose is a
reasonable one, but it uncovered another issue which is that the
ChangeStatePendingTimer was never stopped, which is a bug, so I have
fixed that as well. The new text would look like:

<text>
   Join to Configure (g):  This state transition is used by the WTP and
      the AC to exchange configuration information.
[...]
      AC:  This state transition occurs when it receives the
         Configuration Status message from the WTP (see Section 8.2),
         which MAY include specific message elements to override the
         WTP's configuration.  The AC transmits the Configuration Status
         Response message (see Section 8.3) and starts the
         ChangeStatePendingTimer timer (see Section 4.7).

   Configure to Data Check (m):  This state transition occurs when the
      WTP and AC confirm the configuration.
[...]
      AC:  This state transition occurs when the AC receives the Change
         State Event Request message (see Section 8.6) from the WTP.
         The AC responds with a Change State Event Response message (see
         Section 8.7).  The AC MUST start the DataCheckTimer timer and
         stops the ChangeStatePendingTimer timer (see Section 4.7).
</text>

PatC

-----Original Message-----
From: Yong Zhang [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 8:50 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Capwap] AC state transition: Join to Image Data/Configure
incapwap spec draft 10

With the changes for issue 102, the state transition still has problems.
Here is the current text:

Join to Image Data (f):

Join to Configure (g):

Join to Configure (g):