Subject: [Capwap] New Issue 102: Join to Image Data state transition issue on the AC

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 22:29:25 -0700

The original issue stated:

In page 24/25.  it is said:

   AC: join -> image data happens when the AC receives the image data
request from 
     WTP.
   AC: join -> configure happens immediately after the AC transmits the
join resp.

   Does the WTP only send the image data request after it receives the
join resp?  If 
   so, the AC will not be able to go into the image data state. Did I
miss something 
   here?

You raise a very real ommision in the text. I am making a change that
has the least impact to the spec, and no impact to the state machine:

<text>
2.3.  CAPWAP State Machine Definition
[...]

   Join to Image Data (f):  This state transition is used by the WTP and
      the AC to download executable firmware.
[...]
      AC:  This state transition occurs when the AC receives the Image
         Data Request message from the WTP, after having sent its Join
         Response to the WTP.  The AC MUST transmit an Image Data
         Response message (see Section 9.1.2) to the WTP, which includes
         a portion of the firmware.  The AC MUST start the
         ImageDataStartTimer timer (see Section 4.7).
</text>N
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap