Subject: [Capwap] New Issue 41: CAPWAP DTLS Timer Clarification

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 08:39:27 -0700

The latest CAPWAP draft requires a small clarification on the use of the
DTLS timer. The two sections are shown below, and I am highlighting the
new text via the <new text> text </new text> markers.
 
2.4.2.  DTLS Session Establishment

   The WTP, either through the Discovery process, or through pre-
   configuration, determines the AC to connect to.  The WTP uses the
   DTLSStart command to request that a secure connection be established
   to the selected AC.  Prior to initiation of the DTLS handshake, the
   WTP sets the WaitDTLS timer.  Upon receiving the DTLSPeerAuthorize
   DTLS notification, the AC sets the WaitDTLS timer.  If the
   DTLSEstablished notification is not received prior to timer
   expiration, the DTLS session is aborted by issuing the
   DTLSAbortSession DTLS command.  This notification causes the CAPWAP
   module to transition to the Idle state.  Upon receiving a
   DTLSEstablished notification, the <new text> WTP </new text> WaitDTLS
   timer is deactivated.
 
6.1.  Join Request

   The Join Request message is used by a WTP to request service through
   the AC.  A Join Request message is sent by a WTP after (optionally)
   receiving one or more Discovery Response messages, and completion of
   DTLS session establishment.  When an AC receives a Join Request
   message it responds with a Join Response message.

   Upon completion of the DTLS handshake, and receiving the
   DTLSEstablished notification, the WTP sends the Join Request message
   to the AC.  When the AC is notified of the DTLS session
   establishment, <new text> the AC </new text> does not clear the
   WaitDTLS timer until it has received the Join Request message, at
   which time it sends a Join Response message to the WTP, indicating 
   success or failure.

PatC
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap