Subject: [Capwap] AD review ofdraft-ietf-capwap-protocol-binding-ieee80211-06 E1

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 05:42:17 -0700

The AD review comment was:

   E1. It is recommended to avoid mentioning references in Abstract
sections. The 
   current Abstract section mentions [3], I suggest to remove this.

I can certainly make this change, but I would like to note that the base
protocol also includes references in the abstract. I will therefore need
to make a similar change in that spec. I will create a separate issue
for that spec.

To fix this issue, I have moved the offending sentence to the
introduction section:

<text>
Abstract

   Wireless LAN product architectures have evolved from single
   autonomous access points to systems consisting of a centralized
   Access Controller (AC) and Wireless Termination Points (WTPs).  The
   general goal of centralized control architectures is to move access
   control, including user authentication and authorization, mobility
   management and radio management from the single access point to a
   centralized controller.

   This specification defines the Control And Provisioning of Wireless
   Access Points (CAPWAP) Protocol Binding Specification for use with
   the IEEE 802.11 Wireless Local Area Network protocol.

1.  Introduction

   This specification defines the Control And Provisioning of Wireless
   Access Points (CAPWAP) Protocol Binding Specification for use with
   the IEEE 802.11 Wireless Local Area Network protocol.  The CAPWAP
   Protocol Specification is defined separately
   [I-D.ietf-capwap-protocol-specification].  Use of CAPWAP control
   message fields, new control messages and message elements are
   defined.  The minimum required definitions for a binding-specific
   Statistics message element, Station message element, and WTP Radio
   Information message element are included.
</text>

PatC
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 18:52:45 +0200

OK with me - sorry to have missed this in the base protocol document,
yes, would be good to fix there as well to a reference quote free text. 

Dan

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Pat Calhoun (pacalhou) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 3:42 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Capwap] AD 
> reviewofdraft-ietf-capwap-protocol-binding-ieee80211-06 E1
> 
>    E1. It is recommended to avoid mentioning references in 
> Abstract sections. The 
> I can certainly make this change, but I would like to note 
> that the base protocol also includes references in the 
> abstract. I will therefore need to make a similar change in 
> that spec. I will create a separate issue for that spec.
>

---

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 09:26:05 -0700

What does "a reference quote free text" mean?

PatC 

-----Original Message-----
From: Romascanu, Dan (Dan) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 9:53 AM
To: Pat Calhoun (pacalhou); [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Capwap]
ADreviewofdraft-ietf-capwap-protocol-binding-ieee80211-06 E1

Dan

> I can certainly make this change, but I would like to note that the 
> base protocol also includes references in the abstract. I will 
> therefore need to make a similar change in that spec. I will create a 
> separate issue for that spec.
>

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 18:28:21 +0200

with no bracket references :-) 

> Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2008 7:26 PM
> To: Romascanu, Dan (Dan); [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: [Capwap] 
> OK with me - sorry to have missed this in the base protocol 
> document, yes, would be good to fix there as well to a 
> reference quote free text. 
> 
> Dan
> 
>