Subject: [Capwap] Issue 74: T33

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 10:41:57 -0700

All,
 
Dan was OK with the proposed change, but he asked a question of how
frequently the statistics would roll over. There are really two separate
message elements, so I want to address them separately.

4.6.49.  WTP Radio Statistics
This message element is used by the WTP to send information about a
particular radio, whether the radio failed or some event transpired that
caused the radio behavior to change. One example of the latter is that
the radio changed channel. Assuming that the radio failed once an hour,
which is representative of a much broader problem, the counter would
roll over after 1092 hours, or 91 days. However, assuming that the
channel was to change once every 20 minutes (on average), then the
counter would roll over after 364 hours, or 30 days (~1 month).

I would like to propose that we rename the message element to "WTP Radio
Change Statistics", because it is more representative of the fact that
the stats are really around changes in the actual radio.

I would also propose changing the Last Failure Type text to make sure
that it refers to the actual radio vs. the WTP (I added the word radio):

<text>
   Last Failure Type:   The last WTP radio failure.  The following
enumerated
      values are supported:
</text>

4.6.50.  WTP Reboot Statistics
This message element tracks WTP failures that are non-radio specific.
This includes WTP crashes, memory or some other component failure, etc.
Assuming the WTP crashed once an hour, again a problem that is much
broader than simply statistics, it would take 1092 hours, or 91 days, to
roll over.

Thoughts?

PatC
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap