Subject: [Capwap] CAPWAP IESG Review Comment T33

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 09:24:39 -0700

All,

Here is the IESG Review Comment:

   T33 - Sections 4.6.49, 4.6.50 - Do the statistics counters defined
here initialize 
   at zero and wrap-up and start counting from start when the max value
is reached? 
   This may seem the obvious behavior, but there are other, so
clarifying would be 
   useful. It also would be useful to estimate the minimum wrap-up time
for each of 
   the counters.

I have addressed both of these sections the same way, since both of the
message element's counters are not initialized to zero.

<text>
4.6.49.  WTP Radio Statistics

   The WTP Radio Statistics message element is sent by the WTP to the AC
   to communicate statistics on radio behavior and reasons why the WTP
   radio has been reset. These counters are never reset on the WTP, and
   will therefore roll over to zero when the maximum size has been
   reached.

4.6.50.  WTP Reboot Statistics

   The WTP Reboot Statistics message element is sent by the WTP to the
   AC to communicate reasons why WTP reboots have occurred. These
   counters are never reset on the WTP, and will therefore roll over to
   zero when the maximum size has been reached.
</text>

PatC
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 20:08:39 +0200

Much of this is fine, but you did not answer the second part of the
question. For counters that wrap-up it is good to know what is the
theoretical minimal roll-out time so that a manager knows at what
intervals he needs to query the counters to avoid situations where two
wrap-up events happened between readings. 

Dan

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Pat Calhoun (pacalhou) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:25 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Capwap] CAPWAP IESG Review Comment T33
> 
> All,
> 
>    T33 - Sections 4.6.49, 4.6.50 - Do the statistics counters 
> defined here initialize 
>    at zero and wrap-up and start counting from start when the 
> max value is reached? 
>    This may seem the obvious behavior, but there are other, 
> so clarifying would be 
>    useful. It also would be useful to estimate the minimum 
> wrap-up time for each of 
>    the counters.
> 
> I have addressed both of these sections the same way, since 
> both of the message element's counters are not initialized to zero.
> 
> <text>