Subject: [Capwap] AD review ofdraft-ietf-capwap-protocol-binding-ieee80211-06 T2

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 05:45:27 -0700

The AD Review comment is:
   T2. Section 4, definition of WLAN ID bitmap

         This field is to be set to zero for unicast packets and is
         unused if the WTP is not providing IEEE 802.11 encryption.

   This being a bitmap, is the intention to say 'set to all zero'? 

Yes, this is correct, and I have made the change below:

<text>
      WLAN ID bitmap:   This bit field indicates the WLAN ID (see
         Section 6.1) on which the WTP will transmit the included frame.
         For instance, if a multicast packet is to be transmitted on
         WLANs 1 and 3, bits 1 and 3 of this field would be enabled.
         This field is to be set to all zeroes for unicast packets and
is
         unused if the WTP is not providing IEEE 802.11 encryption.
</text>

PatC
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 18:48:46 +0200

OK with me. 

Dan

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Pat Calhoun (pacalhou) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 3:45 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Capwap] AD 
> reviewofdraft-ietf-capwap-protocol-binding-ieee80211-06 T2
> 
>          This field is to be set to all zeroes for unicast 
> packets and is