Subject: [Capwap] New issue 135: Incorrect Reset to DTLS Teardown state transition

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:26:33 -0700

All,

Yong raised an issue to me privately where the state transition is
currently incorrect as it states that the WTP receives the Reset
Response, while it should be the AC. So while changing the text, I
needed to make a change to make sure that the AC is the one that
initiates the DTLSShutdown when it receives the Reset Response. This
would avoid a race condition where both the WTP and the AC attempt to
shutdown the session at the same time, and it also ensures that the
orderly cleanup occurs after the AC has received the Reset Response.

The new text is:

<text>
   Reset to DTLS Teardown (s):  This transition occurs when the CAPWAP
      reset is complete, to terminate the DTLS session.

      WTP:  This state transition occurs when the WTP transmits a Reset
         Response message.  The WTP does not invoke the DTLSShutdown
         command (see Section 2.3.2.1).

      AC:  This state transition occurs when the AC Receives a Reset
         Response message.  This causes the AC to initiate the
         DTLSShutdown command (see Section 2.3.2.1).
</text>

PatC
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap