Subject: [Capwap] AD review ofdraft-ietf-capwap-protocol-binding-ieee80211-06 E11

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 21:49:12 -0700

Given the agreement between Dan and I to keep the 802.1p specific fields
in the message elements compatible with the -10 version, and simply add
text regarding the fact that only three bits were used, I am including
the updated text here. Again, this solution does not change any backward
compatibility with the older spec, while addressing the concerns raised.
Note that I have also changed the capitalization of the 802.1p standard
to use lower case, and changed the term precedence to priority.

<text>
6.14.  IEEE 802.11 Station QoS Profile
[...]

        0                   1                   2                   3
        0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |                           MAC Address                         |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |          MAC Address          |     802.1p Priority Tag       |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
[...]
   802.1p Priority Tag:   The maximum 802.1p Priority value that the
      WTP will allow in the Traffic Identifier (TID) field in the
      extended 802.11e QOS Data header. Only the three least significant
      bits of this field are valid, while the remaining bits MUST be
      set to zero (0).

6.20.  IEEE 802.11 Update Station QoS
[...]
      0                   1                   2                   3
      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |   Radio ID    |                  MAC Address                  |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |          MAC Address          |   DSCP Tag    |  802.1p Tag   |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
[...]
   802.1p Tag:   The 802.1p priority value to use if packets are to be
      IEEE 802.1p tagged. Only the three least significant bits of
       this field are valid, while the remaining bits MUST be set to
       zero (0).

6.22.  IEEE 802.11 WTP Quality of Service
[...]
      0                   1                   2                   3
      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |  Queue Depth  |             CWMin             |     CWMax     |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |     CWMax     |     AIFS      |   Dot1P Tag   |   DSCP Tag    |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
[...]
   Dot1p Tag:   The 802.1p priority value to use if packets are to be
      802.1p tagged. Only the three least significant bits of
       this field are valid, while the remaining bits MUST be set to
       zero (0).
</text>

PatC
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap