Subject: [Capwap] CAPWAP IESG Review Comment E8

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:26:22 -0700

All,

Here is the IESG Review Comment:

   E8. Section 2.3, page 18 'Discovery Thread' - 'The state machine
transitions in 
   figure 3 are represented by numerals.' - is this true?
   Are not state transitions like Discovery to Discovery or Discovery to
Sulking, etc. 
   represented by special signs, so this should be rather 'represented
by discovery 
   and special signs'? 

Actually, no. The text reads:
   Since the WTP only communicates with a single AC, it only has a
   single instance of the CAPWAP state machine.  The state machine works
   differently on the AC since it communicates with many WTPs.  The AC
   uses the concept of three threads....

So the state transitions that you refer to are invalid on the AC.

PatC
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap