Subject: [Capwap] CAPWAP IESG Review Comment T29

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 09:11:38 -0700

All,

The IESG Review Comment is:

   T29 - Section 4.6.40 - what is the max length of the Optional
additional vendor 
   specific WTP board data TLVs? What kind of information is expected to
be carried 
   there? The field is not described

I admit that the message element definition was a tad vague, so I am
proposing the following text:

<text>
4.6.40.  WTP Board Data

   The WTP Board Data message element is sent by the WTP to the AC and
   contains information about the hardware present.

Calhoun, Editor, et al.  Expires November 2, 2008              [Page 83]

Internet-Draft        CAPWAP Protocol Specification             May 2008

      0                   1                   2                   3
      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |                       Vendor Identifier                       |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |        Board Data Type=0      |       Board Data Length       |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |                      Board Data Value...
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |        Board Data Type=1      |       Board Data Length       |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |                      Board Data Value...
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |  Optional additional vendor specific WTP board data TLVs.....
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

   Type:   40 for WTP Board Data

   Length:   >=14

   Vendor Identifier:   A 32-bit value containing the IANA assigned "SMI
      Network Management Private Enterprise Codes"

   Board Data:   The WTP Board Data message element contains multiple
      Board Data sub-elements, some of which are mandatory and some are
      optional.  The Board Data sub-element contain a Board Data Type,
      Board Data Length and Board Data Value field.

      Board Data Type:   The Board Data Type field identifies the data
         being encoded.  The CAPWAP protocol defines the following
         values, and each of these types identify whether their presence
         is mandatory or optional:

         0 - WTP Model Number:   The WTP Model Number MUST be included
            in the WTP Board Data message element.

         1 - WTP Serial Number:   The WTP Serial Number MUST be included
            in the WTP Board Data message element.

         2 - Board ID:   A hardware identifier, which MAY be included in
            the WTP Board Data message element.

         3 - Board Revision   A revision number of the board, which MAY
            be included in the WTP Board Data message element.

         4 - Base MAC Address   The WTP's Base MAC Address, which MAY be
            assigned to the primary Ethernet interface.

      Board Data Length:   The length of the data in the Board Data
         Value field.

      Board Data Value:   The data associated with the Board Data Type
         field for this Board Data sub-element.
</text>

PatC
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 22:21:25 -0700

My apologies, but I sent this before it was completely ready. The Board
Data Length field did not specify a maximum length, so I have made the
change here:

<text>

      Board Data Length:   The length of the data in the Board Data
         Value field, whose length MUST NOT exceed 1024 octets.
</text>

PatC 

-----Original Message-----
From: Pat Calhoun (pacalhou) 
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 9:12 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Capwap] CAPWAP IESG Review Comment T29

All,

<text>
4.6.40.  WTP Board Data



      0                   1                   2                   3

   Length:   >=14

PatC

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 14:46:16 +0200

OK with me. 

Dan

> From: Pat Calhoun (pacalhou) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 8:21 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Capwap] CAPWAP IESG Review Comment T29
> 
> My apologies, but I sent this before it was completely ready. 
> The Board Data Length field did not specify a maximum length, 
> so I have made the change here:
> 
> <text>
> 
>    T29 - Section 4.6.40 - what is the max length of the 
> Optional additional vendor 
>    specific WTP board data TLVs? What kind of information is 
> expected to be carried 
> I admit that the message element definition was a tad vague, 
> so I am proposing the following text:
> 
> <text>
> 4.6.40.  WTP Board Data
> 
> >

---

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 18:30:43 -0700

OK, closing issue 70.

PatC 

-----Original Message-----
From: Romascanu, Dan (Dan) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 5:46 AM
To: Pat Calhoun (pacalhou); [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Capwap] CAPWAP IESG Review Comment T29

OK with me. 

Dan

> The Board Data Length field did not specify a maximum length, so I 
> have made the change here:
> 
> <text>
> 
>    specific WTP board data TLVs? What kind of information is expected 
> to be carried