Subject: Re: [Ietf-carddav] State of things
From: "Vinubalaji Gopal" <[email-masked]>
To: "David Ascher" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 13:29:27 -0800
List-Id: ietf-carddav.osafoundation.org

> that Cosmo and SOGo are both servers with at least some CardDAV support, but
Cosmo Carddav support is in a separate branch and supports the initial
version of CardDAV draft.  (draft 00). It does not implement any of
the extensions like adbk-sync - since Chandler/Cosmo has its own XML
based sharing format.

I have been trying to keep it up to date with the latest Cosmo
versions. Since Cosmo trunk is very actively developed  - I have been
trying to find a perfect distributed version control system which is
easy to learn (have been trying Git, but its too complicated)

I am also planning to conform the source to the latest Carddav
specification at some point.

checkout
http://chandlerproject.org/Projects/CosmoCardDav

-- 
Vinu

In a world without fences who needs Gates?

Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 13:04:08 -0800
From: David Ascher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Ietf-carddav] State of things

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------020403040602080801060903
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi all.

I'm David Ascher, from Mozilla, the new lead for Thunderbird and 
mail-related activities (including calendaring and address book features).

I'm trying to catch up on the state of CardDAV, and I figured this might 
be a good source of information.

I know of some Thunderbird-relevant CardDAV work (See SOGo connector 
http://www.inverse.ca/english/contributions/sogo_connector.html), and I 
know that Cosmo and SOGo are both servers with at least some CardDAV 
support, but I don't know much about other implementations (either 
server or client), or the details of even those servers, such as:

  - degree of compliance with spec
  - scalability characteristics
  - general state of affairs

I'm not even sure I know where the spec is at in terms of finality.

Education welcome!  I'm happy to coalesce all of the info on a public 
wiki page (e.g. @ wiki.mozilla.org) if that's helpful to folks.

--david

--------------020403040602080801060903
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
</head>
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000">
<div class="moz-text-flowed"
 style="font-family: -moz-fixed; font-size: 13px;" lang="x-western">Hi
all.
<br>
<br>
I'm David Ascher, from Mozilla, the new lead for Thunderbird and
mail-related activities (including calendaring and address book
features).
<br>
<br>
I'm trying to catch up on the state of CardDAV, and I figured this
might be a good source of information.
<br>
<br>
I know of some Thunderbird-relevant CardDAV work (See SOGo connector <a
 class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
 href="http://www.inverse.ca/english/contributions/sogo_connector.html">http://www.inverse.ca/english/contributions/sogo_connector.html</a>),
and I know that Cosmo and SOGo are both servers with at least some
CardDAV support, but I don't know much about other implementations
(either server or client), or the details of even those servers, such
as:
<br>
<br>
&nbsp;- degree of compliance with spec
<br>
&nbsp;- scalability characteristics
<br>
&nbsp;- general state of affairs
<br>
<br>
I'm not even sure I know where the spec is at in terms of finality.
<br>
<br>
Education welcome!&nbsp; I'm happy to coalesce all of the info on a public
wiki page (e.g. @ wiki.mozilla.org) if that's helpful to folks.
<br>
<br>
--david
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--------------020403040602080801060903--