Subject: ISO-OSI Security integration of GSS-API

From: Steen Oluf Karlsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 10:11:14 +0200

Hello CATs

I am working on a TMN security project where my task is to
integrate ITU Q.813 STASE-ROSE in an existing OSI stack
and have this inserted Security Transformations Application
Service Element (STASE) realise security supported through
an rfc 2078 GSS-API.

The integration of security is straight forward when it comes
to ASN.1 modules. So here comes my questions:

1) Is there an ASN.1 module available that describes the
messages over the GSS-API ?  rfc 2078 has an ASN.1
encapsulation of the messages as I see it but not the detailed
layout. ? 

2) Is there info available on the integration of the ITU X.509
AuthenticationFramework in the above mentioned stack ?

3) Any comments on this outlined solution are highly welcomed -
My success with this project is of course highly dependent on
other TMN platform vendors to choose the same direction -
" secured but still open "

Regards and thanks in advance. i was impressed by fast answers
yesterday on my question of the destiny of SPKM rfc 2025. Thanks to
Keith Burdis from South Africa and Martin Rex from Germany.

Steen O. Karlsen
Tel +45 97 97 72 72
email [email-masked]

uh communications
Telegrafvej 5
DK-2750 Ballerup

Home office:
Soeholtvej 6
Vester Vandet
DK-7700 Thisted

==========================================================================
This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list
server.  If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
message body of "unsubscribe ietf-cat-wg" to [email-masked]

---

From: "Theodore Y. Ts'o" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 12:14:03 -0400 (EDT)

From: Steen Oluf Karlsen <[email-masked]>
   Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 10:11:14 +0200 

The GSS-API is an interface specification which allows an application to
call a generic interface to a GSSAPI mechanism.  The actual wire format
of a GSS-API token is dependent on which GSSAPI mechanism you happen to
be using; the whole point of the GSSAPI is to abstract that away from
the concerns of the application programmer.

Some GSSAPI mechanisms use X.509 certificates; others do not.  It
depends on which GSSAPI mechanism you are using.

						- Ted