Subject: RE: ISO-OSI Security integration of GSS-API

From: "Linn, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 09:42:36 -0400

Steen, re:

1) Is there an ASN.1 module available that describes the
messages over the GSS-API ?  rfc 2078 has an ASN.1
encapsulation of the messages as I see it but not the detailed
layout. ? 

The layout of messages enclosed within the thin RFC2078 encapsulation is
mechanism-specific, and therefore defined in individual mechanism
specifications.  Depending on the mechanism, that inner format may or may
not be ASN.1.

2) Is there info available on the integration of the ITU X.509
AuthenticationFramework in the above mentioned stack ?

RFC-2025 on SPKM is one X.509-based mechanism definition.  The current
Internet-Draft
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-lipkey-00.txt represents
proposed work in progress adapting SPKM for low-infrastructure environments.

--jl
==========================================================================
This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list
server.  If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
message body of "unsubscribe ietf-cat-wg" to [email-masked]