Subject: update to LIPKEY

From: Mike Eisler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 15:17:58 -0700 (PDT)

I've updated and sent today draft-ietf-cat-lipkey-01.txt to the
internet-drafts editor. I've made the following changes:

	- corrected lots of typos
	- defined an SPKM-3 that modifies SPKM-1. This was
		a suggestion I made in Minneapolis, and
		not receiving negative comments from the
		WG at the meeting, or from the alias after
		the minutes were published, I made it so.

	- added support for anonymous initiators, per Denis Pinkas'
		suggestion.

	- clarified wording around the handshake between LIPKEY
		and SPKM-3.

	- noted that the md5WithRSAEncryption signature algorithm 
		has intellectual property issues, and that a future
		rev of the draft would likely specify another
		mandatory-to-implement algoithm.

My to do list:
	- prototype lipkey and SPKM-3, and report back to WG.
	- allocate/register an OID for the SPKM-3 mech type, and NULL-MAC
	 	Integrity algorithm

	- find an unencumbered signature algorithm

Question to the WG:

	DES-MAC is specified by RFC 20245 (SPKM), and the lipkey i-d
	as mandatory to implement.  A stronger algorithm seems prudent.
	If folks agree (or don't disagree), I'll look for a better one.

For those who want to review the i-d, the previous revision, and change bars
between both, see

	http://playground.sun.com/~mre/lipkey/

(Yes, I know that draft-ietf-cat-lipkey-01.txt has draft-ietf-cat-lipkey-00.txt
in its title page.)

	-mre

==========================================================================
This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list
server.  If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
message body of "unsubscribe ietf-cat-wg" to [email-masked]