Subject: draft-ietf-cat-gssv2-javabind update

From: "Jack Kabat" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 17:25:56 -0700

Hello Everyone,

Mayank and I have submitted an update to the Java GSS-API bindings last
Friday.
The update, which should be published shortly, contains the following
modifications to the draft:

1) Added definitions for Interfaces for GSSName, GSSCredential,
   GSSContext and GSSFactory objects as was discussed at the
   Minneapolis meeting.

2) Concrete classes are changed to act as wrappers around the
   interfaces. Again this came from the discussions at the Minneapolis
   meeting.

3) Introduction of the Java provider architecture per Mayank's
   discussion on the alias.

4) Inclusion of the notion of "system-wide" and "bundled" packages
   for GSS-API (first discussed by [email-masked]).

5) Removed the getDefaultMech method as proposed by John Linn.

6) Addition of more sample code in the method descriptions.

7) Addition of sample applications in the Appendix.

8) Restructure of the document and various changes to accommodate
   the Interface and concrete class approaches.

9) Addition of GSSName.isMN() method.

10) Deletion of GSSName.clone().

Mayank is putting together Java docs for the new version of the API. You can
find these at http://playground.sun.com/~mdu/JGSS.html.

thanks,

Jack and Mayank

==========================================================================
This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list
server.  If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
message body of "unsubscribe ietf-cat-wg" to [email-masked]