Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-cat-gss-conv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 06:56:26 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Authentication Technology Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: GSS Conversation C-bindings Interface
	Author(s)	: T. Ts'o
	Filename	: draft-ietf-cat-gss-conv-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 22-Oct-99
	
Traditionally, the GSSAPI specification has not included in its scope
the acquisition of initial credentials, or mechanisms which have
required interaction with the user in the course of the security
context.  This has limited the applicability of the GSSAPI
specification.
This specification allows an application program to register a
callback function so that a GSSAPI mechanism can request conversation
services from the application program. The application program is
responsible for displaying messages to the user and requesting input
from the user via the callback function.
The goal of this specification is to allow certain low-
infrastructure-requiring mechanisms to prompt the user for a
username, password, SecureID response, etc.  It might also be used by
mechanisms such as Kerberos when the GSSAPI library wishes to obtain
initial credentials itself, instead of assuming that they are already
present in the process.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-gss-conv-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-cat-gss-conv-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-gss-conv-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.