Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-cat-sskm-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 06:54:36 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Authentication Technology Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SPKM with Shared Secret Keys (SSKM)
	Author(s)	: W. Doonan
	Filename	: draft-ietf-cat-sskm-01.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 21-Oct-99
	
This document presents a method for using [SPKM] with exclusively
shared secret key technologies.  The messages and tokens of [SPKM] are
unchanged; the only modifications required are to replace the default
public-key cipher suite with ciphers and algorithms suitable for use
with shared secret keys.
All messages and tokens defined in [SPKM] are preserved; no changes
are required to the various authentication modes of [SPKM].  Integrity
algorithms and key establishment algorithms suitable for use with
secret keys are added to those specified in [SPKM], which are well
known and specified for use in other existing IETF standards.  We in
effect implement the implicit authenticated key exchange protocol
proposed in [BR94] using the messages and tokens defined in [SPKM].
An overview and brief discussion of the protocol appears in section
1.  The specific algorithms and object identifiers are listed in
section 2.  Discussion of how [SPKM] messages are used with shared
secret keys appears in section 3.  Security concerns are addressed in
section 4.  Patent issues are covered in section 5.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-sskm-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-cat-sskm-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-sskm-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.