Subject: Subject: SASL/GSSAPI proposed change of base32 alphabet

From: "Booker C. Bense" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 08:16:46 -0800 (PST)

Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 09:42:48 -0800
From: [email-masked] (John Myers)
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:0.9.9) Gecko/20020311
X-Accept-Language: en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: [email-masked], ietf-sasl <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I have been requested to replace the base32 specification in the
(expired) SASL GSSAPI internet draft with a reference section 3 of
draft-josefsson-base-encoding-03.txt.  This would mean a change in the
encoding alphabet, breaking any implementations of the existing draft
which use mechanisms other than Kerberos or SPNEGO.

I would like to know if there exist any deployed implementations that
would be so broken.  If there are, I think we would instead want to keep
the encoding currently in the SASL GSSAPI draft, calling it by a name
other than "base32".

-++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==
This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list
server.  If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
message body of "unsubscribe ietf-cat-wg" to [email-masked]