Subject: draft-rbradfor-ccamp-lmp-lol-00.txt
From: "Bradford, Richard" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:37:18 -0500

Sorry if this is a duplicate. I hadn't seen it go out on the ccamp list and 
the November meeting is drawing near.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

         Title           : LMP Extensions for Link discovery Using Loss of 
Light
         Author(s)       : R. Bradford, D. Papadimitriou, D. Tappan
         Filename        : draft-rbradfor-ccamp-lmp-lol-00.txt
         Pages           : 15
         Date            : 2002-10-22

This document proposes an enhanced mechanism for LMP link
verification that is independent of the data encoding
type.  The general proposal is to use the transmission of
light by the sender and recognition of the presence or
absence of light by the receiver to identify port
mapping.  The proposal includes minor extensions to the
existing messages to implement this extension to the link
verification procedure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rbradfor-ccamp-lmp-lol-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
         "get draft-rbradfor-ccamp-lmp-lol-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
         [email-masked].
In the body type:
         "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rbradfor-ccamp-lmp-lol-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
         MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
         feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
         command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
         a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
         exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
         "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
         up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
         how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rbradfor-ccamp-lmp-lol-00.txt>