Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-node-id-based-hello-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Node ID based RSVP Hello: A Clarification Statement
	Author(s)	: Z. Ali, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-node-id-based-hello-02.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2005-9-7
	
Use of Node-ID based RSVP Hello messages is implied in a number of
   cases, e.g., when data and control plan are separated, when TE links
   are unnumbered. Furthermore, when link level failure detection is
   performed by some means other than exchanging RSVP Hello messages,
   use of Node-ID based Hello session is optimal for detecting signaling
   adjacency failure for Resource reSerVation Protocol-Traffic
   Engineering (RSVP-TE). Nonetheless, this implied behavior is unclear
   and this document formalizes use of Node-ID based RSVP Hello session
   as a best current practice (BCP) in some scenarios. The procedure
   described in this document applies to both Multi-Protocol Label
   Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) capable nodes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-node-id-based-hello-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-node-id-based-hello-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-node-id-based-hello-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 21:48:20 +0100

Hi,

Alex has reviewed this I-D as AD and says it is fine, but he thinks we
should take it down the standards track as Proposed Standard not BCP as it
was previously marked.

This revision changes:
- proposed status
- IPR boilerplate
- IANA clause to be a little more (about 10 words) detailed

Since we have changed the proposed status, we need to check back with you
guys.

Let's have a two week last call on this change.

If you do spot other issues as you go, then I guess we can handle them
too.

Last call will end 12 noon GMT on Thursday 22nd September.

Thanks,
Adrian

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 8:50 PM
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-node-id-based-hello-02.txt

> "FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-node-id-based-hello-02.txt".
> implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
------

> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
>

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 13:29:24 +0100

Hi Alex,

We held a further WG last call on this I-D after updating it to Proposed
Standard as you requested.

No-one objected to this change, so the I-D is now back with you for
approval.

Thanks,
Adrian
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 9:48 PM
Subject: Short further last call on
draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-node-id-based-hello-02.txt