Subject: questions

From: "Alok" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 21:32:01 +0530

I may speak on behalf of a lot of friends/youngsters who do have questions
related to the bases of how Muxing works..
and trying to understand the various VCs and containers and the reason they
exist.

Is it ok for new comers, who really dont understand transmissions and all
those VT pointers to ask questions on the list....

-thanks
Alok

---

From: Greg Bernstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 13:22:50 -0700

Hi Alok,
by "Muxing" below I'm assuming that you're refering to TDM (circuit) 
multiplexing rather that packet multiplexing or wavelength division 
multiplexing (WDM)?
If so check out the SONET/SDH overview in 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-sdhsonet-control-05.txt

Greg B.

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 17:29:05 +0100

Hi Alok,

CCAMP is not really the place for this, but you can go ahead and ask here.
There are folks on this list that should be able to answer you or point
you at their books.

Cheers,
Adrian