Subject: RFC 4397 on A Lexicography for the Interpretation of Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Terminology within the Context of the ITU-T\'s Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON) Architecture

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:10:08 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4397

        Title:      A Lexicography for the Interpretation 
                    of Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) 
                    Terminology within the Context of the 
                    ITU-T\'s Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON) 
                    Architecture 
        Author:     I. Bryskin,  A. Farrel
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 40331
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-lexicography-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4397.txt

Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) has been developed
by the IETF to facilitate the establishment of Label Switched Paths
(LSPs) in a variety of data plane technologies and across several
architectural models.  The ITU-T has specified an architecture for
the control of Automatically Switched Optical Networks (ASON).

This document provides a lexicography for the interpretation of GMPLS
terminology within the context of the ASON architecture.

It is important to note that GMPLS is applicable in a wider set of
contexts than just ASON.  The definitions presented in this document
do not provide exclusive or complete interpretations of GMPLS
concepts.  This document simply allows the GMPLS terms to be applied
within the ASON context.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

--b6c5204b5cde95d685adac78990e665e

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4397

        Title:      A Lexicography for the Interpretation 
                    of Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) 
                    Terminology within the Context of the 
                    ITU-T\'s Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON) 
                    Architecture 
        Author:     I. Bryskin,  A. Farrel
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 40331
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-lexicography-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4397.txt

Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) has been developed
by the IETF to facilitate the establishment of Label Switched Paths
(LSPs) in a variety of data plane technologies and across several
architectural models.  The ITU-T has specified an architecture for
the control of Automatically Switched Optical Networks (ASON).

This document provides a lexicography for the interpretation of GMPLS
terminology within the context of the ASON architecture.

It is important to note that GMPLS is applicable in a wider set of
contexts than just ASON.  The definitions presented in this document
do not provide exclusive or complete interpretations of GMPLS
concepts.  This document simply allows the GMPLS terms to be applied
within the ASON context.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...