Subject: Call and connection in GMPLS

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 16:01:23 -0000

Hi,

Some time ago we had a draft
(http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-rsvp-te-ason-04
.txt) This has just expired.

As discussed in Vancouver, the authors now think it is better to split
this work into two pieces.

- The first would describe how GMPLS is extended to support Calls,
  and how Connections (LSPs) are associated with Calls.

- The second would be a description (an applicability statement) of how
  to satisfy the ASON signaling requirements set out in RFC 4139.

The material for both of these topics was largely present in the original
draft, but we think it would be valuable to separate them.

We submitted
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-papadimitriou-ccamp-gmpls-rsvp-te-call-00.txt
in November to handle the first element. We think this work is complete,
and it has been implemented.

Under normal circumstances I would simply say that we are splitting an
existing WG I-D and tell the authors to go ahead and submit new WG drafts.
However, since I am an editor of the drafts, I need to come to you to ask:

1. Do you object to splitting this draft as described
2. Can we accept draft-papadimitriou-ccamp-gmpls-rsvp-te-call-00.txt
   as a working group draft?

In view of the fact that we already have WG work for this, I will take
silence as consent.

Thanks,
Adrian

PS We do have plans to work on the second work item, dragging text from
the old draft, but we are a little short of bandwidth at the moment.