Subject: High level comment on draft-li-ccamp-confirm-data-channel-status-00.txt,

From: "Zafar Ali \(zali\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 22:39:32 -0400

Dear Authors, 
 
RSVP refreshes do this job, so I am not sure motivation for this draft/
LMP extensions. 
 
n.b. The draft state, "Although such a situation can be resolved through
the use of the Acceptable Label Set object in GMPLS signaling [RFC3473],
such a procedure is inefficient since it may require an additional
signaling exchange for each LSP that is set up", so I assume that RSVP
signaling is present (Although I did not understand the quoted statement
from the ID). Even if RSVP is not present, e.g., optical core is
completely controlled by a management entity, I would argue introduce
presence of LMP. 
 
Thanks
 
Regards... Zafar

---

From: "MEURIC Julien RD-CORE-LAN" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 20:31:42 +0200

Hi Zafar.

I don't really get you on this. I figure out you're referring to
removing the connection states when RSVP refreshes are not received any
more, aren't you? If so, I'm afraid this is not enough for transmission
devices, where resources can be physically cross-connected even though
there is no (or no longer) corresponding RSVP state. Therefore having a
mechanism to avoid such discrepancies would be welcome.

Regards,

Julien

P.S.: If you totally rely on a management plane, I agree this should be
useless (e.g. the NMS should already know if a cross-connection deletion
failed, cf. Diego's 2nd slides seen this morning).

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Zafar Ali (zali)

Dear Authors, 

 
Thanks
 
Regards... Zafar