Subject: association object

From: Lucy Yong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 09:16:24 -0500

Richard,

It was nice to meet you in IETF meeting. I have a question about association
object used to associate the diversely routed LSPs. 

If a LSP is established first, say LSP1, then another LSP (say LSP2) needs
to be established and be diversely routed from LSP1, how association object
is applied in this case? It is easy to use in the latter LSP request,
however, how does LSP1 know that it needs to diverse from LSP2.

What is the relationship between this association object and diversity
object in GMPLS.

Best Regards,

Lucy

---

From: "Ong, Lyndon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 13:25:36 -0400

Hi Lucy,
 
The association object is used to associate components of a VCG that are
already diversely routed in the draft, I would think diverse routing is
more a 
feature of path computation than the signaling to set up the component.
 
What the association object does is allow you to tell what LSPs arriving
at
the destination are part of the same VCG.
 
Cheers,
 
Lyndon

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Lucy Yong
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 7:16 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: association object

Richard,

It was nice to meet you in IETF meeting. I have a question about
association object used to associate the diversely routed LSPs. 

If a LSP is established first, say LSP1, then another LSP (say LSP2)
needs to be established and be diversely routed from LSP1, how
association object is applied in this case? It is easy to use in the
latter LSP request, however, how does LSP1 know that it needs to diverse
from LSP2.

Best Regards,

Lucy

---

From: Richard Rabbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 10:49:17 -0700

Lucy,
likewise. my comments inline.

Lucy Yong wrote:
> latter LSP request, however, how does LSP1 know that it needs to 
> diverse from LSP2.
>
Lyndon covered the diversity issue and the fact that we are not doing 
path computation here, but I would like to add one more comment since 
I've got a similar question.  For LSP1 to be aware of the association, 
one can send a full PATH message with the added association object. this 
is neither a refresh message nor a new path setup message. all nodes 
will process that message and be aware of the new association object and 
hence LSP1 will from then on know about the association.
I hope this helps
Richard.

---

From: Lucy Yong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 13:44:25 -0500

Hi Lyndon,

Thank you for the explanation. Thus, this association is only significant at
the destination, is that right? Is VCG group value generated by the source?

Best Regards,

Lucy

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Ong, Lyndon
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 12:26 PM
To: Lucy Yong; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: association object

Hi Lucy,

already diversely routed in the draft, I would think diverse routing is more
a 

What the association object does is allow you to tell what LSPs arriving at

Cheers,

Lyndon

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Lucy Yong
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 7:16 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: association object

Richard,

Best Regards,

Lucy