Subject: Ethernet Traffic Parameters for Use in RSVP-TE Signaling

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 17:23:16 +0100

Hi Jim,

By way of input to your upcoming meeting in Vancouver, I would like to draw 
your member's attention to 
draft-ietf-ccamp-ethernet-traffic-parameters-00.txt. This document provides 
"MEF Ethernet Traffic Parameters" and is intended to meet the requirements 
of GMPLS and OIF UNI signaling of Ethernet LSP requests.

The Abstract reads as follows:

   This document described the Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) - specific
   Ethernet Traffic Parameters as described in MEF.10 when using
   Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Resource
   ReSerVation Protocol - Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) signaling.

And the Introduction reads:

   Per [RFC3471], GMPLS allows the inclusion of technology specific
   parameters in signaling. Ethernet SENDER_TSPEC and FLOWSPEC specific
   objects are introduced in this document that describes Metro Ethernet
   Forum (MEF) Ethernet traffic parameters as specified in [MEF.10].

   These traffic parameters MUST be used when L2SC is specified in the
   LSP Switching Type field of a Generalized Label Request (see
   [RFC3471]) and the LSP encoding type is Ethernet.

The draft can be downloaded from 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-ethernet-traffic-parameters-00.txt

We would very much welcome the comments of your members which can be sent as 
individual contributions to the CCAMP mailing list, or as a more official 
OIF comment through the usual channels.

Best regards,
Adrian and Deborah
CCAMP WG Co-chairs

---

From: "Jim Jones" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 14:55:41 -0500

Hi Adrian and Deborah,

Thank you for the information on Ethernet Traffic Parameters for RSVP-TE. We
will discuss this in our Vancouver meeting next week.

I also realized I was delinquent in responding to the CCAMP inputs on the
1:N protection feature that was sent on June 26. We appreciate the detailed
reply and are working through the information you provided.

Best Regards,
Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Farrel [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 11:23 AM
To: Jim Jones
Cc: Brungard, Deborah A, ALABS; [email-masked]
Subject: Ethernet Traffic Parameters for Use in RSVP-TE Signaling

Hi Jim,

The draft can be downloaded from
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-ethernet-traffic-parame
ters-00.txt

Best regards,
Adrian and Deborah
CCAMP WG Co-chairs