Subject: Comments on draft-li-ccamp-multinodes-gr-proc-00.txt,

From: "Zafar Ali \(zali\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 23:04:23 -0400

Dear Authors, 
 
This is Deja-vu to me.... 
 
Draft draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-restart-ext-05.txt actually had a section on
multiple node restart case and was rejected by the WG as addressing
multiple node restart case is NOT a goal (suffers from the law of
diminishing return). In other words the following statement in the ID- 
 
   "[GR-EXT] also extends the Hello message to exchange information
about 
   the ability to support the RecoveryPath message. 
   The examples and procedures in [GR-EXT] focus on the description of a

   single node restart when adjacent network nodes are operative. 
   Although the procedures are equally applicable to multi-node
restarts, 
   no detailed explanation is provided." 
 
is not accurate. Please see section 4 on the earlier version of the
[GR-EXT],
http://www.faqs.org/ftp/pub/internet-drafts/draft-rahman-ccamp-rsvp-rest
art-extensions-00.txt
<http://www.faqs.org/ftp/pub/internet-drafts/draft-rahman-ccamp-rsvp-res
tart-extensions-00.txt> . 
 
Thanks
 
Regards... Zafar