Subject: Short question on LSA

From: Freek Dijkstra <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 22:54:40 +0200

Hi,

If there is a link between two interfaces (of two devices), is that link
announced by one or by two LSAs?

Could someone point me to the right RFC? I couldn't find a definitive
answer there. I expected it in RFC 4202 or RFC 4203.

  +-------------+                         +-------------+
  |             |          Link           |             |
  | Eth. switch o-------------------------o TDM switch  o--
  |             | A                     B |             |
  +-------------+                         +-------------+

The above scenario features a ethernet switch and a TDM switch which can
embed Ethernet in a STS-24c channel.
In this scenario, I now expect that there is one LSA made by the
Ethernet switch, and one LSA made by the TDM switch, and that the
Ethernet switch would announce L2SC and Ethernet encoding for interface
A, and the TDM switch would announce TDM switching capability and
Ethernet encoding for interface B.

Please flame me if I'm wrong ;-)

Regards,
Freek