Subject: Notification of work in the IETF CCAMP working group

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 21:25:02 +0100

Dear Jim,

We would like to take this opportunity to inform you of the progress of some 
work items within the CCAMP working group of the IETF that may be of 
interest and relevance to your members.

A new RFC has been published.
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4631.txt provides some small updates and 
clarifications to the SNMP MIB module for the Link Management Protocol 
(LMP). It obsoletes RFC 4327, the previous version of this MIB module. 
Section 14 of the new RFC shows a list of the changes.

The CCAMP working group continues to make good progress in many areas. Full 
details of the work of CCAMP can be found at
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ccamp-charter.html from where all of the 
latest revisions of the various RFCs and Internet-Drafts can be freely 
downloaded without charge.

Four Internet-Drafts that may be of particular interest to your members.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-vcat-lcas-00.txt 
is a relatively new work item that examines the requirements and procedures 
for using GMPLS protocols to support Virtual Concatenation Groups across TDM 
networks. We believe this may be of particular interest to you in support of 
Ethernet services over TDM.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-routing-ospf-02.txt 
describes extensions to the OSPF routing protocol to satisfy the ASON 
routing requirements as set out in http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4258.txt in 
the light of the evaluation provided in 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-routing-eval-03.txt 
(both of which were written with considerable help from some of your 
individual members).

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-ethernet-traffic-parameters-00.txt 
which we have brought to your attention before, presents a GMPLS 
Sender_TSpec (and hence a Flowspec) for Ethernet Traffic Parameters as 
described in MEF.10.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-rsvp-te-call-01.txt 
describes extensions to RSVP-TE for the establishment and management of 
Calls in GMPLS networks, and for the association of LSPs (connections) with 
those Calls.

Regards,
Adrian Farrel and Deborah Brungard

---

From: "JONES Jim D" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 17:14:48 -0500

Dear Adrian and Deborah,

Thank you for the timely update. I will bring these to the attention of
the OIF membership at our 4Q06 meetings taking place in Dallas this
coming week.

Best Regards,
Jim Jones
OIF Technical Committee Chair

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Farrel [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2006 3:25 PM
To: JONES Jim D
Cc: [email-masked]; Bill Fenner; Brungard, Deborah A, ALABS; Ross
Callon
Subject: Notification of work in the IETF CCAMP working group

Dear Jim,

We would like to take this opportunity to inform you of the progress of
some 
work items within the CCAMP working group of the IETF that may be of 
interest and relevance to your members.

The CCAMP working group continues to make good progress in many areas.
Full 
details of the work of CCAMP can be found at
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ccamp-charter.html from where all of
the 
latest revisions of the various RFCs and Internet-Drafts can be freely 
downloaded without charge.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-vcat-lcas-00.
txt 
is a relatively new work item that examines the requirements and
procedures 
for using GMPLS protocols to support Virtual Concatenation Groups across
TDM 
networks. We believe this may be of particular interest to you in
support of 
Ethernet services over TDM.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-routing-
ospf-02.txt 
describes extensions to the OSPF routing protocol to satisfy the ASON 
routing requirements as set out in http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4258.txt
in 
the light of the evaluation provided in 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-routing-
eval-03.txt 
(both of which were written with considerable help from some of your 
individual members).

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-ethernet-traffic-pa
rameters-00.txt 
which we have brought to your attention before, presents a GMPLS 
Sender_TSpec (and hence a Flowspec) for Ethernet Traffic Parameters as 
described in MEF.10.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-rsvp-te-call-
01.txt 
describes extensions to RSVP-TE for the establishment and management of 
Calls in GMPLS networks, and for the association of LSPs (connections)
with 
those Calls.

Regards,