Subject: Communication received from the OIF

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 19:15:48 +0100

Hi,

We have received a communication from the OIF on the subject of ASON 
routing. Hoping that the design team can take this into account in their 
work.

You can find all incoming and outgoing communications at 
http://www.olddog.co.uk/ccamp.htm

Cheers,
Adrian
===
From: Mr. Lyndon Ong, OIF TC Chair, [email-masked]
Subject: Liaison to IETF on G.7715.1 Routing Requirements

Dear Adrian and Deborah,

We have been monitoring the work on ASON routing in the IETF CCAMP WG as we 
have done prototyping work
on multi-layer routing. As a result agreed at the 2Q2008 TC Plenary meeting, 
we have identified a number of
requirements in ITU G.7715.1 that we believe are important and may be 
helpful input to your work.

G.7715.1 includes requirements that many attributes of a link be advertised 
on a layer-specific basis. These
attributes, described in Section 9.5.1, include:
- Signal Type
- Link Capacity
- Link Weight *
- Resource Class *
- Link Availability *
- Diversity Support *
- Local Connection Type +
- Local Client Adaptations Supported +

Current IETF extensions to OSPF cover most of these attributes, but they are 
not provided on a layer-specific basis.
These items are identified above by an asterisk (*). Additionally, two of 
the attributes we cannot identify as being
provided by GMPLS routing. These are identified above by a plus (+).

As the OIF has been working on multi-layer routing we have found that 
maintaining attributes on a layer-specific
basis is beneficial. Furthermore we find the Local Connection Type and Local 
Client Adaptation information
useful for identifying the multi-layer relationships that exist at a link 
end.

As we continue work on multi-layer routing, we anticipate needing extensions 
to GMPLS routing to provide these
functions. We therefore request the IETF consider these requirements as they 
continue work on ASON routing.

Thank you.
Sincerely yours,
Lyndon Ong
OIF Technical Committee chair