Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-dppm-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Label Switched Path (LSP) Dynamic Provisioning Performance Metrics in Generalized MPLS Networks
	Author(s)	: W. Sun, G. Zhang, J. Gao, G. Xie, R. Papneja, B. Gu, X. Wei
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-dppm-02.txt
	Pages		: 39
	Date		: 2008-6-24
	
Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) is one of the most
   promising candidate technologies for future data transmission
   network.  GMPLS has been developed to control and operate different
   kinds of network elements, such as conventional routers, switches,
   Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) systems, Add- Drop
   Multiplexors (ADMs), photonic cross-connects (PXCs), optical cross-
   connects (OXCs), etc.  Dynamic provisioning ability of these
   physically diverse devices differs from each other drastically.  At
   the same time, the need for Dynamicly provisioned connections is
   increasing because optical networks are being deployed in metro
   areas.  As different applications have varied requirements in the
   provisioning performance of optical networks, it is imperative to
   define standardized metrics and procedures such that the performance
   of networks and application needs can be mapped to each other.

   This document provides a series of performance metrics to evaluate
   the dynamic LSP provisioning performance in GMPLS networks,
   specifically the Dynamic LSP setup/release performance.  These
   metrics can depict the features of GMPLS networks in LSP dynamic
   provisioning.  They can also be used in operational networks for
   carriers to monitor the control plane performance in realtime.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-dppm-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.