Subject: [CCAMP] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC6003 (2552)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 10:29:08 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6003,
"Ethernet Traffic Parameters".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6003&eid=2552

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Alfred Hoenes <[email-masked]>

Section: 4.1, pg.7

Original Text
-------------
   Index: 8 bits

      [...]

      A given index value j can be associated to at most N Class-Type
      values CTi (i =< N) of the EXTENDED_CLASSTYPE object.  This
|     association applies when a set of one or more CTIs maps to a
      single (shared) BW profile.  An example of value setting consists
      in assigning an arbitrary value comprised within the range
      [0x08,0xF8] associated to a set of CTi, the values in the range
|     [0xF8,0xFF] being selected for reserved sets.  This allows mapping
      to one of 248 predefined CTi sets.

Corrected Text
--------------
   Index: 8 bits

      [...]

      A given index value j can be associated to at most N Class-Type
      values CTi (i =< N) of the EXTENDED_CLASSTYPE object.  This
|     association applies when a set of one or more CTis maps to a
      single (shared) BW profile.  An example of value setting consists
      in assigning an arbitrary value comprised within the range
      [0x08,0xF8] associated to a set of CTi, the values in the range
|     [0xF9,0xFF] being selected for reserved sets.  This allows mapping
      to one of 248 predefined CTi sets.

Notes
-----
Rationale:
a) consistent use of "CTi" -- 'i' essentially is a subscript index;
b) avoid ambiguity due to overlap in ranges given

[The first item is Editorial, but the second one clearly Technical;
 to simplify Errata management, only a single, combined report is
 submitted covering both.]

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6003 (draft-ietf-ccamp-ethernet-traffic-parameters-10)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Ethernet Traffic Parameters
Publication Date    : October 2010
Author(s)           : D. Papadimitriou
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Common Control and Measurement Plane
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG