Subject: [CCAMP] RFC 6002 on Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Data Channel Switching Capable (DCSC) and Channel Set Label Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 17:10:27 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6002

        Title:      Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Data Channel 
                    Switching Capable (DCSC) and Channel Set 
                    Label Extensions 
        Author:     L. Berger, D. Fedyk
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 23090
        Updates:    RFC3471, RFC3473, RFC3945, RFC4202, RFC4203, RFC5307

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-dcsc-channel-ext-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6002.txt

This document describes two technology-independent extensions to
Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS).  The first extension
defines the new switching type Data Channel Switching Capable.
Data Channel Switching Capable interfaces are able to support
switching of the whole digital channel presented on single channel
interfaces.  The second extension defines a new type of
generalized label and updates related objects.  The new label is
called the Generalized Channel_Set Label and allows more than one
data plane label to be controlled as part of a Label Switched Path (LSP).
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC