Subject: [CCAMP] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signaling-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 09:15:11 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Signaling Extensions for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks
	Author(s)       : G. Bernstein, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signaling-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2010-10-07

This memo provides extensions to Generalized Multi-Protocol Label
Switching (GMPLS) signaling for control of wavelength switched optical
networks (WSON).  Such extensions are necessary in WSONs under a number
of conditions including: (a) when optional processing, such as
regeneration, must be configured to occur at specific nodes along a
path, (b) where equipment must be configured to accept an optical signal
with specific attributes, or (c) where equipment must be configured to
output an optical signal with specific attributes. In addition this memo
provides mechanisms to support distributed wavelength assignment with
bidirectional LSPs, and choice in distributed wavelength assignment
algorithms. These extensions build on previous work for the control of
lambda and G.709 based networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signaling-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.