Subject: [CCAMP] RFC 6005 on Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Support for Metro Ethernet Forum and G.8011 User Network Interface (UNI)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 17:11:12 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6005

        Title:      Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Support for 
                    Metro Ethernet Forum and G.8011 User 
                    Network Interface (UNI) 
        Author:     L. Berger, D. Fedyk
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 20301
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mef-uni-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6005.txt

This document describes a method for controlling two specific types
of Ethernet switching via a GMPLS-based User Network Interface (UNI).  This
document supports the types of switching required by the Ethernet services
that have been defined in the context of the Metro Ethernet Forum
(MEF) and International Telecommunication Union (ITU) G.8011.  This
document is the UNI companion to "Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Support
for Metro Ethernet Forum and G.8011 Ethernet Service Switching".
This document does not define or limit the underlying intra-domain or
Internal NNI (I-NNI) technology used to support the UNI.  [STANDARDS-
TRACK]

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC