Subject: [CCAMP] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-framework-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 15:15:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Framework for GMPLS and PCE Control of Wavelength Switched Optical Networks (WSON)
	Author(s)       : G. Bernstein, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-framework-08.txt
	Pages           : 56
	Date            : 2010-12-17

This document provides a framework for applying Generalized Multi-
Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) and the Path Computation Element
(PCE) architecture to the control of wavelength switched optical
networks (WSON).  In particular, it examines Routing and Wavelength
Assignment (RWA) of optical paths.

This document focuses on topological elements and path selection
constraints that are common across different WSON environments as
such it does not address optical impairments in any depth.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-framework-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Young Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 14:49:39 -0600

Hi CCAMPers,

We have published 08 version of WSON Framework draft per WG co-chairs
comments as part of Shepherding Process. Here's the summary of the changes:

>From Version 7 to Version 8:
---------------------------

- Global changes on key terms: "lightpaths" -> "optical paths"; "The RWA
problem" -> RWA; "side" -> "tributary"
- Extensive editorial changes for clarity and choice of words in Section 4,
Section 4.1.3, and Section 6.1.6. 
- Moved RFC4465 from Informative reference to Normative reference in
Reference Section
- Moved references [G.694.1], [WSON-Compat], [WSON-Encode], (WSON-Imp],
[WSON-Info] to Normative Reference Section

>From Version 6 to Version 7:
---------------------------

- Global editorials on grammar, punctuation, and style 
- Eliminated all texts that reference academic papers
- Shortened Abstract and moved up the Abstract in the beginning of document
- Moved document history to the Appendix at the end of the document
- Clarified the wordings in Introduction 
- Terminology Changes:
	- Added "Tributary", "Line Side", "Degree" and "Drop and continue"
      - Globally changed "ingress/egress" to "input/output"
- Section 3.2, the title changed from "Optical Transmitters" to "Optical
Transmitters and Receivers" 
- Figure 7 title is added in Section 5.1
- Added RFC3945 in the Reference Section
- Deleted all academic papers from the Reference Section

Appendix will be removed in the next update. 

If you have any question, please let me know. Thanks. 

Best Regards,
Young
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2010 5:15 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [CCAMP] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-framework-08.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Framework for GMPLS and PCE Control of Wavelength
Switched Optical Networks (WSON)
	Author(s)       : G. Bernstein, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-framework-08.txt
	Pages           : 56
	Date            : 2010-12-17

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-framework-08.t
xt