Subject: Re: [CCAMP] A question about RFC5392

From: Mach Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 17:40:06 +0800

Hi,

Since, in the current specification, an ASBR is responsible for advertising 
both directions of an inter-AS TE link and the parameters of the reverse 
direction are manually configured at the ASBR; as stated in the RFC, Remote 
AS number and ASBR ID are essential for inter-AS path computation and are 
rarely changed when configured. But for other alterable paramerters as you 
pointed out, they may be changed as time goes on (e.g., a TE LSP established 
over the link, unused bandwidth should be changed accordingly), and the ASBR 
may be difficult/impossible to get the lastest value of those permerters 
timely.

The vague sentence intends to give choice to the implementation and 
operators whehter to advertise the other TE link paramerters, and of cause 
the current specification does preclude advertising other paramerters when 
needed.

Hope this could clarify your question.

Best regards,
Mach

--------------------------------------------------
From: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2010 3:40 PM
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; 
<[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Subject: A question about RFC5392

> Hi Mach, Renhai and Xiaodong
>
> I read the following words in RFC5392: "Only some essential TE information
> for the link needs to be
> advertised; i.e., the Link Type, the Remote AS number, and the Remote ASBR
> ID."
>
> I don't know why only Link Type, Remote AS number, and Remote ASBR ID are
> described in the above sentence?
> Since other parameters are also necessary for CSPF computation, such as
> Metrics, bandwith,etc.
> So, what's the consideration when you're writting this document? Could you
> tell me the reason?
>
> Many thanks!
>
> Best Regards,
> Xuerong Wang
>
>
>
> --------------------------------------------------------
> ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is 
> solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is 
> confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and 
> are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to 
> others.
> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended 
> solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. 
> If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of 
> the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the 
> individual sender.
> This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam 
> system.
>