Subject: [CCAMP] Protocol Action: 'Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Signaling Extensions for the evolving G.709 Optical Transport Networks Control' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-signaling-g709v3-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 11:38:46 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Signaling
   Extensions for the evolving G.709 Optical Transport Networks
   Control'
  (draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-signaling-g709v3-12.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-signaling-g709v3/

Technical Summary

   This document extends GMPLS RSVP-TE to support the control of
   Optical Transport Networks (OTN) specified in ITU-T Recommendation
   G.709 as published in 2012. It provides an update to the OTU/ODU
   related mechanisms defined in RFC4328.  This document is one of
   four informational and standards track documents going through the
   publication process as a set.

Working Group Summary

   There were many points of discussion, some more "intense" than
   others.  At this point there does not appear to be any notable
   discontent with the documented solution.

Document Quality

   The base GMPLS RSVP-TE mechanisms are implemented and deployed.
   Implementation status of the extensions defined in this document
   has not been publicly disclosed, but several implementations are
   expected.

Personnel

   Lou Berger ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
   Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD

RFC Editor Note

You can safely remove Section 2 as the boilerplate is floating around somewhere else as well.

---

Section 6.2 final bullet

s/not REQUIRED/not required/

---

Section 9 third bullet

s/not REQUIRED/not required/

---

A number of changes to section 11. For ease of not missing the details here is a complete replacement.

11. IANA Considerations 

   Upon approval of this document, IANA will make the following 
   assignments in the "Class Types or C-Types  9 FLOWSPEC" and "Class 
   Types or C-Types  12 SENDER_TSPEC" section of the "RSVP Parameters" 
   registry located at http://www.iana.org/assignments/rsvp-parameters.

      Value     Description         Reference 
      7(*)       OTN-TDM            [This.I-D] 
      
     (*) Suggested value 
      
   IANA maintains the "Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching 
   (GMPLS) Signaling Parameters" registry (see 
   http://www.iana.org/assignments/gmpls-sig-parameters). "Generalized 
   PIDs (G-PID)" subregistry is included in this registry, which will be 
   extended and updated by this document as below.  

      Value Type                            Technology       Reference 
      ===== ======================          ========== 
      47    G.709 ODU-2.5G                  G.709 ODUk      [RFC4328] 
            (IANA to update Type field)                     [This.I-D] 
      56    SBCON/ESCON                     G.709 ODUk,     [RFC4328] 
            (IANA to update Type field)     Lambda, Fiber   [This.I-D] 
      59*   Framed GFP                      G.709 ODUk      [This.I-D] 
      60*   STM-1                           G.709 ODUk      [This.I-D] 
      61*   STM-4                           G.709 ODUk      [This.I-D] 
      62*   InfiniBand                      G.709 ODUflex   [This.I-D] 
      63*   SDI (Serial Digital Interface)  G.709 ODUk      [This.I-D] 
      64*   SDI/1.001                       G.709 ODUk      [This.I-D] 
      65*   DVB_ASI                         G.709 ODUk      [This.I-D] 
      66*   G.709 ODU-1.25G                 G.709 ODUk      [This.I-D] 
      67*   G.709 ODU-Any                   G.709 ODUk      [This.I-D] 
      68*   Null Test                       G.709 ODUk      [This.I-D] 
      69*   Random Test                     G.709 ODUk      [This.I-D] 
      70*   64B/66B GFP-F Ethernet          G.709 ODUk      [This.I-D] 
    
   (*) Suggested value 

   The new G-PIDs should be shown in the TC MIB managed by IANA at 
   https://www.iana.org/assignments/ianagmplstc-mib as follows:

      g709FramedGFP(59) ,
      g709STM1 (60) ,
      g709STM4 (61) ,
      g709InfiniBand (62) ,
      g709SDI (63) ,
      g709SDI1point001 (64) ,
      g709DVBASI (65) ,
      g709ODU1point25G (66) ,
      g709ODUAny (67) ,
      g709NullTest (68) ,
      g709RandomTest (69) ,
      g709GFPFEthernet (70)

   Note that IANA must not change the names of the objects in this MIB
   module with the values 47 and 56.

   Upon approval of this document, IANA will define an "OTN Signal Type" 
   subregistry to the "Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching 
   (GMPLS) Signaling Parameters": 

      Value    Signal Type                           Reference 
      -----    -----------                           --------- 
      0        Not significant                       [RFC4328] 
      1        ODU1 (i.e., 2.5Gbps)                  [RFC4328] 
      2        ODU2 (i.e., 10Gbps)                   [RFC4328] 
      3        ODU3 (i.e., 40Gbps)                   [RFC4328] 
      4        ODU4 (i.e., 100Gbps)                  [this document] 
      5        Unassigned                            [RFC4328] 
      6        Och at 2.5Gbps                        [RFC4328] 
      7        OCh at 10Gbps                         [RFC4328] 
      8        OCh at 40Gbps                         [RFC4328] 
      9        OCh at 100Gbps                        [this document] 
      10       ODU0 (i.e., 1.25Gbps)                 [this document] 
      11       ODU2e (i.e., 10Gbps for FC1200        [this document] 
               and GE LAN) 
      12~19    Unassigned                            [this document] 
      20       ODUflex(CBR) (i.e., 1.25*N Gbps)      [this document] 
      21       ODUflex(GFP-F), resizable             [this document] 
               (i.e., 1.25*N Gbps) 
      22       ODUflex(GFP-F), non resizable         [this document] 
               (i.e., 1.25*N Gbps) 
      23~255   Unassigned                            [this document] 

   New values are to be assigned via Standards Action as defined in 
   [RFC5226]. 

IANA Note

  IANA, please not the complete replacement of the IANA Considerations section in the RFC Editor note.