Subject: [CCAMP] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ccamp-swcaps-update-03.txt> (Revised Definition of The GMPLS Switching Capability and Type Fields) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 06:57:43 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Common Control and Measurement
Plane WG (ccamp) to consider the following document:
- 'Revised Definition of The GMPLS Switching Capability and Type Fields'
  <draft-ietf-ccamp-swcaps-update-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-09-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   GMPLS provides control for multiple switching technologies, and
   hierarchical switching within a technology.  GMPLS routing and
   signaling use common values to indicate switching technology type.
   These values are carried in routing in the Switching Capability
   field, and in signaling in the Switching Type field. While the
   values used in these fields are the primary indicators of the
   technology and hierarchy level being controlled, the values are
   not consistently defined and used across the different
   technologies supported by GMPLS.  This document is intended to
   resolve the inconsistent definition and use of the Switching
   Capability and Type fields by narrowly scoping the meaning and use
   of the fields.  This document updates any document that uses the
   GMPLS Switching Capability and Types fields, in particular RFC
   3471, RFC 4202, RFC 4203, and RFC 5307.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-swcaps-update/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-swcaps-update/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.