Subject: [CDNi] requesting comments on Content De-duplication draft

From: Bhumip Khasnabish <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 10:24:08 -0400

Hello,

We recently published a
draft (draft-jin-cdni-content-deduplication-optimization-01.txt)
on Content De-duplication.

Would appreciate your comments, suggestions, and thoughts
on this very important topics. Thanks.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

Title           : Content De-duplication for CDNi Optimization
Author(s)       : WeiYi Jin
                          Mian Li
                          Bhumip Khasnabish
Filename        : draft-jin-cdni-content-deduplication-optimization-01.txt
Pages           : 17
Date            : 2012-06-18

Abstract:
   Recent explosive growth of content delivery/distribution networks
   (CDNs) and their interconnection are causing unintended repetition of
   content storage in the same dCDN.  This can be avoided by using a
   suitable de-duplication mechanism.  This document explores the
   scenarios which create the problems, and then discusses the
   approaches to eliminate the duplicated transmission of the same
   content from uCDN(s) to dCDN in CDNi networks.  To implement the
   optimization, some enhancements to the CDNi metadata model and
   interface are required.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jin-cdni-content-deduplication-optimization

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jin-cdni-content-deduplication-optimization-01

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jin-cdni-content-deduplication-optimization-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Best.

Bhumip

Bhumip Khasnabish
[email-masked]
 +1-781-752-8003 (mobile)
http://tinyurl.com/bhumip

                   __o
             _ `\ <, _
.......... ( • ) / ( • ) ......................