Subject: [CDNi] comments on draft-lefaucheur-cdni-logging-delivery-01.txt

From: "Y. Richard Yang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 13:33:01 +0800

Hi all,

As suggested by Francois during the meeting today, here are some 
comments on draft-lefaucheur-cdni-logging-delivery-01, on the Regular 
HTTP Log Fields (Sec. 2.2):

- We may Client Port in addition to Client IP;

- About request parameters encoded in message body. In particular, some 
request parameters (URI, for example, for the purpose of hiding) may be 
encoded in the message body of a POST message;

- Total bytes and total duration may not be sufficient. For example, for 
the 95-percentile based charging is used, we may need to log transferred 
bytes in each charging interval, say 5 min;

- There are use cases to log client QoE, for example, freezing ratio and 
# of freezing times. Such metrics may be only observable by the End User 
Agent only. A dCDN may collect such data (from End User Agent) and 
report to uCDN/CSP.

Thanks.

Richard