Subject: [CDNi] FW: New Version Notification for draft-ma-cdni-capabilities-00.txt

From: Kevin J Ma <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 02:59:43 -0400

Hi All,

  I just uploaded a capabilities interface draft.
  I wanted to make more concrete my proposal from the second footprint
  and capabilities design team meeting held last Wednesday in Vancouver.

  The draft incorporates many of the points discussed in that meeting.
  It proposes a minimal capability advertisement interface and describes
  key use cases for capability aggregation.  There are a number of notes
  in the document describing where more information is required, but
  hopefully it provides a starting point.  Comments are welcome.

thanx.

--  Kevin J. Ma

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, August 05, 2012 2:11 AM
To: Kevin J Ma
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ma-cdni-capabilities-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-ma-cdni-capabilities-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Kevin J. Ma and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ma-cdni-capabilities
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Content Distribution Network Interconnection (CDNI) Capabilities Interface
Creation date:	 2012-08-05
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 20
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ma-cdni-capabilities-00.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ma-cdni-capabilities
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ma-cdni-capabilities-00

Abstract:
   The interconnection of Content Distribution Networks (CDNs) is
   predicated on the ability of downstream CDNs (dCDNs) to handle end-
   user requests in a functionally equivalent manner to the upstream CDN
   (uCDN).  The uCDN must be able to assess the ability of the dCDN to
   handle individual requests.  A CDN interconnection (CDNI) interface
   is needed to facilitate the advertisement of capabilities by the dCDN
   to the uCDN.  This document describes an approach to implementing a
   CDNI capabilities advertisement interface.

The IETF Secretariat