Subject: [CDNi] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cdni-framework-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 11:26:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Content Delivery Networks Interconnection Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Framework for CDN Interconnection
	Author(s)       : Larry Peterson
                          Bruce Davie
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cdni-framework-04.txt
	Pages           : 53
	Date            : 2013-08-21

Abstract:
   This document presents a framework for Content Distribution Network
   Interconnection (CDNI).  The purpose of the framework is to provide
   an overall picture of the problem space of CDNI and to describe the
   relationships among the various components necessary to interconnect
   CDNs.  CDN Interconnection requires the specification of several
   interfaces and mechanisms to address issues such as request routing,
   distribution metadata exchange, and logging information exchange
   across CDNs.  The intent of this document is to outline what each
   interface needs to accomplish, and to describe how these interfaces
   and mechanisms fit together, while leaving their detailed
   specification to other documents.  It obsoletes RFC 3466.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-framework

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cdni-framework-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-cdni-framework-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Francois Le Faucheur (flefauch)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 17:13:32 +0000

CDNI Framework authors,

Thanks for publishing an updated version as per the Berlin agreement,

Below are a few comments/suggestions on -04.

*** the interface names are not strictly aligned to the final naming we have agreed top use across all documents. For memory, the exact names are:
	* CDNI Control interface (CI)
	* CDNI Metadata interface (MI)
	* CDNI Logging interface (LI)
	* CDNI Request Routing Redirection interface (RI)
	* CDNI Footprint & Capabilities Advertisement interface (FCI)
(Note the capitalized/non-capitalized words).
For example, the current version uses "Footprint & Capability Interface" instead of "CDNI Footprint & Capabilities Advertisement interface".

*** I would recommend that we refer to the reference model as the "expanded reference model" instead of the "extended reference model". This is because we do not want to suggest that we have changed teh referemce model in any way. We are only showing a different representation of it that expands one interface into its two components. 
Specifically:
OLD:
"
This document uses the reference model in Figure 1, which extends the
   reference model originally defined in RFC 6707.  (The difference is
   that the extended model splits the Request Routing Interface into two
   distinct parts: the Request Routing Redirection Interface and the
   Footprint and Capability Interface, as described below.)
"
NEW:
"
This document uses the reference model in Figure 1, which expands the
   reference model originally defined in RFC 6707.  (The difference is
   that the expanded model shows separately the two
   distinct components of the Request Routing interface : the Request Routing Redirection interface and the
   Footprint and Capability Advertisement interface, as described below.)
"

OLD:
"
                Figure 1: CDNI Model and CDNI Interfaces
"
NEW:
"
                Figure 1: CDNI Expanded Model and CDNI Interfaces
"

*** inside Figure 1, I suggest replacing the CDNI interface names by their "official" abbreviations (CI, MI, etc) since it is getting quite crammed and we end up with some abbreviation anyways (eg "Foot & Cap Int").

*** there are many occurences of unintended "\u002D" 

Cheers

Francois

On 21 Aug 2013, at 20:26, [email-masked] wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt