Subject: [CDNi] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-cdni-metadata-18: (with COMMENT)

From: "Benoit Claise" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 07:01:07 -0700

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-cdni-metadata-18: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-metadata/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

My review flagged the same DISCUSS point 1 as Ben: the downref (The
writeup mentions the two downrefs though).

Secondly, the writeup,
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-metadata/shepherdwriteup/,
is not really readable.

And finally, Sheng Jiang's OPS DIR review flagged: 
The example of footprint object has examples using IPv4. Because the
other parts of this document does have IPv6 example, I think this is
probably a mistake rather than not supporting IPv6 here on purpose (if it
is on purpose, an explanation for reasons are necessary).

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 15:19:41 +0100

Yes, I will need to re-Last Call the document.

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-metadata/shepherdwriteup/,

This is fixed now.

> is on purpose, an explanation for reasons are necessary).

Editors should reply to this.