Subject: [CDNi] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC8007 (6385)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 02:26:43 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC8007,
"Content Delivery Network Interconnection (CDNI) Control Interface / Triggers".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6385

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Guillaume Bichot <[email-masked]>

Section: 4.1

Original Text
-------------
   When a CI/T Trigger Command is accepted, the uCDN MUST create a new
   Trigger Status Resource that will convey a specification of the CI/T
   Command and its current status.  The HTTP response to the dCDN MUST
   have status code 201 and MUST convey the URI of the Trigger Status
   Resource in the Location header field [RFC7231].

Corrected Text
--------------
   When a CI/T Trigger Command is accepted, the dCDN MUST create a new
   Trigger Status Resource that will convey a specification of the CI/T
   Command and its current status.  The HTTP response to the uCDN MUST
   have status code 201 and MUST convey the URI of the Trigger Status
   Resource in the Location header field [RFC7231].

Notes
-----
There has been an accidental switch between "uCDN" and "dCDN" terms in this statement. If my understanding is correct, when the uCDN post a CI/T command to the dCDN, the latter must create a trigger status resource and returns in the response (HTTP code 201) “Location” header the URI of that status resource.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC8007 (draft-ietf-cdni-control-triggers-15)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Content Delivery Network Interconnection (CDNI) Control Interface / Triggers
Publication Date    : December 2016
Author(s)           : R. Murray, B. Niven-Jenkins
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Content Delivery Networks Interconnection
Area                : Applications and Real-Time
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Kevin Ma <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 22:54:51 -0500

Hi All,

  I think the reported errata looks like a pretty clear typo.  Do others
agree?

  Note: I noticed that the 3 Errata discussed at IETF 99 never got marked
as verified.  We should update those at the same time we update the status
of this most recent errata.

thanx.

--  Kevin J. Ma

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 5:26 AM RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> There has been an accidental switch between "uCDN" and "dCDN" terms in
> this statement. If my understanding is correct, when the uCDN post a CI/T
> command to the dCDN, the latter must create a trigger status resource and
> returns in the response (HTTP code 201) “Location” header the URI of that
> status resource.
>
> Instructions:
> -------------

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 00:48:57 -0500

Sorry about not having handled the others.  Please send me (off list) the
summary of the discussions and I’ll take care of them forthwith.

Barry

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 10:55 PM Kevin Ma <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 5:26 AM RFC Errata System <
> [email-masked]> wrote:
>