Subject: Re: [CDNi] New Version Notification for draft-sopher-cdni-triggers-extensions-rfc8007bis-00.txt

From: Nir Sopher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 11:59:32 +0300

Hi All,

Following the work on a draft
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-triggers-extensions/>extending
to RFC-8007 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8007> (CDNI Triggers) above
discussion, we now created a new draft for CDNI triggers - 2nd Edition.
See
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sopher-cdni-triggers-extensions-rfc8007bis/
This draft is aimed to add the extensibility missing from RFC-8007,
obsoleting it and creating a 2nd Edition, instead of creating a V2 of the
API.

We have not yet integrated the changes form the extension draft. We just
created a version-0 to the draft, with content identical to the original
rfc (8007) - so further changes are easy to follow and review.

Thanks,
Nir

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 11:29 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-sopher-cdni-triggers-extensions-rfc8007bis-00.txt
To: Nir B. Sopher <[email-masked]>, Ori Finkelman <
[email-masked]>, Sanjay Mishra <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D,
draft-sopher-cdni-triggers-extensions-rfc8007bis-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Nir B. Sopher and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-sopher-cdni-triggers-extensions-rfc8007bis
Revision:       00
Title:          Content Delivery Network Interconnection (CDNI) Control
Interface / Triggers 2nd Edition
Document date:  2021-04-28
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          46
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-sopher-cdni-triggers-extensions-rfc8007bis-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sopher-cdni-triggers-extensions-rfc8007bis/
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sopher-cdni-triggers-extensions-rfc8007bis
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sopher-cdni-triggers-extensions-rfc8007bis-00

Abstract:
   This document obsoletes RFC8007.  This document describes the part of
   the Content Delivery Network Interconnection (CDNI) Control interface
   that allows a CDN to trigger activity in an interconnected CDN that
   is configured to deliver content on its behalf.  The upstream CDN can
   use this mechanism to request that the downstream CDN pre-position
   metadata or content or to request that it invalidate or purge
   metadata or content.  The upstream CDN can monitor the status of
   activity that it has triggered in the downstream CDN.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat