Subject: Re: [Cellar] AV1 init

From: Cyril Concolato <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 15:10:31 -0700

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 6:04 AM Andreas Rheinhardt <
[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> "If an OBU is not the last OBU in a `Block`, it MUST follow the [Low
> Overhead Bitstream Format syntax] (i.e. it MUST have
> [obu_has_size_field] set to 1); the last OBU in a `Block` MAY have
> [obu_has_size_field] set to 0, in which case it is assumed to fill the
> remainder of the `Block`."
>
[CC] Just wanted to clarify one possible misunderstanding here. The Low
Overhead Bitstream Format is the one specified in Section 5.2 of AV1, by
opposition to the other length-delimited format specified in Annex B. The
LOBF allows obu_has_size_field to be set to 1 or 0. The "it MUST follow the
[Low Overhead Bitstream Format syntax] (i.e. it MUST have
[obu_has_size_field] set to 1)" is misleading here. You might want to
rephrase.

Cyril