Subject: [Cellar] MKVToolNix v26 released

From: Moritz Bunkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2018 14:26:09 +0200

Hey,

time for another release of MKVToolNix, v26.0.0. It's on the smaller
side regarding the number of changes.

Here are the usual links:

…to the source code: https://mkvtoolnix.download/source.html
…to the binaries: https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html

The Windows and macOS binaries as well as the Linux AppImage are
available already. The other Linux binaries are still being built and
will be available of the course of the next couple of hours.

Here are the NEWS since the previous release:

------------------------------------------------------------
# Version 26.0.0 "In The Game" 2018-08-26

## New features and enhancements

* mkvmerge: chapter generation: if the name template given by
  `--generate-chapters-name-template` is empty, no names (`ChapterDisplay`
  master elements with `ChapterString`/`ChapterLanguage` children) will be
  generated for the chapter atoms. Part of the implementation of #2275.
* mkvmerge: chapters: chapter names generated from MPLS files will now use the
  name template if one is set via `--generate-chapters-name-template`. Part of
  the implementation of #2275.
* mkvmerge: mkvmerge will no longer abort with an error message if no audio,
  video and subtitle tracks should be multiplexed. This allows copying of
  chapters from non-chapter source files (e.g. Matroska or MP4 files).
* MKVToolNix GUI: the font size in the tool selector on the left will scale
  with the font size the user selects in the preferences.
* MKVToolNix GUI: the GUI will no longer automatically resize the columns in
  tree and list views to match the content size. Instead it remembers and
  restores the widths set by the user. Implements #2353.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: the chapter name template will now be set
  automatically to the name template in the preferences' "chapter editor"
  section. Additionally the option `--generate-chapters-name-template …` will
  be passed to mkvmerge in situations when mkvmerge will generate chapters
  (either because automatic generation is enabled or if chapters are generated
  for MPLS playlists). Part of the implementation of #2275.
* MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor: if the chapter name template is empty,
  chapters will be generated without names. Part of the implementation of
  #2275.
* MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor: added an option to remove all chapter names
  to the "additional modifications" dialog. Part of the implementation of
  #2275.

## Bug fixes

* mkvmerge: Matroska reader: fixed wrong timestamps when appending Matroska
  files where the second Matroska file's first timestamp is bigger
  than 0. Fixes #2345.
* mkvmerge: MP4 reader: fixed division by zero errors during file
  identification if the timescale is 0 in the `MVHD` atom.
* mkvmerge: Windows Television DVR files are now recognized as an unsupported
  file type. This prevents mis-detection as MPEG-2 with an accompanying flood
  of error messages. Fixes #2347.
* MKVToolNix GUI: info tool: under certain circumstances "cues" were shown at
  the wrong level (inside the previous master element instead of on level
  1). Fixes #2361.
* MKVToolNix GUI: job queue: fixed invalid memory handling and consequent
  crashes when using the "edit in corresponding tool & remove from job queue"
  option if one of the files in that job contained attached files. Fixes
  #2368.

## Build system changes

* An AppStream metadata file will be installed in `$prefix/share/metainfo`.
------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun :)

mosu