Subject: [Cellar] MKVToolNix v41.0.0 released

From: Moritz Bunkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2019 19:52:49 +0100

Hey,

here's one last release before the end of the year, and it's a bit bigger
than the previous ones. Have a look at the news below for details.

Nothing's changed for package maintainers.

Here are the usual links:

…to the source code: https://mkvtoolnix.download/source.html
…to the binaries: https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html

The Windows and macOS binaries as well as the Linux AppImage are
available already. The other Linux binaries are still being built and
will be available of the course of the next couple of hours.

Here are the NEWS since the previous release:

------------------------------------------------------------
# Version 41.0.0 "Smarra" 2019-12-06

## New features and enhancements

* mkvmerge: Matroska reader: Vorbis tracks: stream comments (aka Vorbis
  comments) will be converted to Matroska attachments (for cover arts) and
  Matroska track tags (for other comments). Additionally the stream comments
  will be removed from Vorbis headers.
* mkvmerge: MP4 reader: added support for reading Opus audio from MP4
  files. Part of the implementation of #2673.
* mkvmerge: MP4 reader: added support for reading VP9 video from MP4
  files. Part of the implementation of #2673.
* mkvmerge: Ogg reader: Vorbis, Opus & VP8 streams: stream comments (aka
  Vorbis comments) will be converted to Matroska attachments (for cover arts)
  and Matroska track tags (for other comments). Additionally the stream
  comments will be removed from Vorbis headers.
* mkvmerge: WAV reader: added support for reading RF64 files.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: the list of predefined track names is now split
  up into three lists, one for each track type (audio, video &
  subtitles). Part of the implementation of #2654.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: when trying to add thumbnails for a Blu-ray the
  GUI will determine the thumbnail's pixel size from the thumbnail files if
  the XML file doesn't contain that information. This works for JPEG and PNG
  files. Implements #2674.
* MKVToolNix GUI: general: line edits & combo boxes will now have a "clear
  text" button appear whenever they're not empty. Part of the implementation
  of #2654.
* MKVToolNix GUI: update check: the dialog showing the latest news & version
  information states explicitly where the links take the user (the MKVToolNix
  `NEWS.md` file and YouTube respectively).

## Bug fixes

* mkvmerge: Matroska reader: mkvmerge did not copy the codec's private data
  when reading WavPack from Matroska files. Fixes #2685.
* mkvmerge: MPLS handling: re-added caching when using MPLS playlists as input
  files. Fixes #2666.
* mkvmerge: MPEG TS reader: when reading an MPLS playlist, the calculation of
  the minimum timestamp to use for shifting all output timestamps to zero was
  wrong. It was wrongfully considering timestamps from packets it would not
  copy due to the MPLS's timestamp restrictions. This could lead to the first
  timestamps in the output file being quite large, e.g. more than a couple of
  minutes, causing sync problems when multiplexing together with other
  files. Fixes #2670.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: the automatic switch between aspect ratio &
  display width/height wasn't reflected in the configuration generated for
  `mkvmerge`. The user had to change between the two settings manually. Fixes
  #2660.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: the progress dialog shown when scanning a
  Blu-ray wasn't closed properly in certain situations. Fixes #2678.
* MKVToolNix GUI: general: the configured font was not applied to a lot of
  controls (e.g. the file & track lists or the menu entries) on application
  startup. Instead the user had to open & close the preferences in order for
  the font to be applied to all controls. Fixes #2671.
------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun :)

Kind regards,
mosu

---

From: Kieran O Leary <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 20:04:02 +0100

Awesome! Also happy birthday Matroska!