Subject: [Cellar] Publicity for CELLAR work on FFV1 Version 4

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 15:31:27 -0500

Dear CELLAR,

>From our minutes earlier this week:

Discussion on the call

   - We discussed
      https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFV1/blob/master/ffv1-v4-goals.md on the
      call.
      - What about infrared images? That could immediately interest people
      like autonomous vehicle community (who have money).
      - What about signatures for stored media?
      - What is needed here? Integrity, nonrepudiation, timestamps, … we
      may need to talk about specific use cases to understand the requirements.
      - No change to the current document contents for now
      - We can talk about this on the mailing list between now and IETF
      111, and then between IETF 111 and our next working group meeting
      - ACTION: Spencer can take the action to do a short presentation in
      ARTAREA at IETF 111 in July, showing the proposed contents for
FFV1 v4 and
      pointing people to Cellar.

Thanks to our ADs, Michael and I have a chance to talk about FFV1 version 4
at IETF 111 in the ARTAREA meeting.

If people think we need to say anything about proposed work that's not
already in https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFV1/blob/master/ffv1-v4-goals.md,
please let the working group know in the next week or two!

Best,

Spencer