Subject: [Cellar] RFC 9043 on FFV1 Video Coding Format Versions 0, 1, and 3

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 16:49:07 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9043

        Title:      FFV1 Video Coding Format Versions 0, 1, and 3 
        Author:     M. Niedermayer,
                    D. Rice,
                    J. Martinez
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      51
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-cellar-ffv1-20.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9043

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9043

This document defines FFV1, a lossless, intra-frame video encoding
format. FFV1 is designed to efficiently compress video data in a
variety of pixel formats. Compared to uncompressed video, FFV1 offers
storage compression, frame fixity, and self-description, which makes
FFV1 useful as a preservation or intermediate video format.

This document is a product of the Codec Encoding for LossLess Archiving and Realtime transmission Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC