Subject: [Cfrg] OMAC Query

From: "Walker, Jesse" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 08:30:53 -0800

Do folks believe that the analysis and understanding of OMAC is
sufficiently mature to incorporate it into IETF protocols?

---

From: John Viega <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 13:36:18 -0500

Yes, but I would not rush to standardize on OMAC because NIST has
standardized on it.  I would also strongly consider MAC constructs
based on universal hash functions, which have a number of advantages
to OMAC.

John

> sufficiently mature to incorporate it into IETF protocols?

_______________________________________________
Cfrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cfrg

---

From: [email-masked] (David Wagner)
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 16:59:34 +0000 (UTC)

>sufficiently mature to incorporate it into IETF protocols?

Yes, that's my feeling.
(OMAC is my favorite CBC-MAC.)