Subject: [Cfrg] threshold signatures question

From: David McGrew <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 10:50:20 -0800

Hello,
recently, there has been some interest in using threshold digital  
signatures in DNSSEC, and also in draft-ietf-pkix-tac-01.txt.  The  
latter draft cites some work [1] which has distributed signature  
generation, but not distributed key generation.  It would be useful  
for the IETF if CFRG can help to identify a fully distributed  
(preferably RSA) signature algorithm that is amenable to implementation.
An aside: the mandatory signature algorithm for DNSSEC is RSA (RFC  
3110).
best regards,
David
[1] Shaohua Tang, "Simple Threshold RSA Signature Scheme Based on  
Simple Secret Sharing", 2005

_______________________________________________
Cfrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/cfrg