Subject: [Cfrg] FYI: Two new lightweight ciphers (SIMON and SPECK)

From: Thomas Hardjono <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 22:13:37 +0000

FYI for those who are interested in lightweight block ciphers.

Today at the MIT Media Lab Legal Hack-a-thon on Identity we had a
great presentation from a couple of designers from the NSA regarding
their new lightweight ciphers called SIMON and SPECK. These ciphers
are designed for low-power limited gate devices (such as RFID and
similar devices).

The MIT Media Lab Hack-a-thon page is here:
http://iauth.org

The NSA presentation is here (You Tube):
http://tinyurl.com/bf6fbju

Their paper (PDF) is here:
http://iauth.org/legal-hack-a-thon/simonspeckperformance-2/

/thomas/

__________________________________________
Thomas Hardjono
MIT Kerberos Consortium
email:  hardjono[at]mit.edu
mobile: +1 781-729-9559
__________________________________________