Subject: [Cfrg] Briefing by qunantum coutation expert

From: "Igoe, Kevin M." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 15:49:48 +0000

At the London CFRG meeting the RG expressed some concern that the group
lacked expertise in the field of quantum computing and felt we would benefit
from a briefing by an expert in the field.  In a moment of temporary insanity
I volunteered to see if I could line up such a speaker.

Prof. Michele Mosca of Waterloo University has volunteered to give such a talk
(and thankfully Waterloo is just a two hour drive from Toronto).  Lars Eggert,
chair of the IRTF, has arranged for Prof. Mosca to give his presentation at
the IRTF Open session.  Prof. Mosca is no stranger to the IETF, he spoke to the
IETF back in 2011.  I encourage members of the CFRG to attend, as well as any
IETF member whose work might be impacted by quantum
computers.

Prof. Mosca is Deputy Director of the Institute for Quantum Computing and is on the
faculty of the University of Waterloo.

----------------+--------------------------------------------------
Kevin M. Igoe   | "We can't solve problems by using the same kind
[email-masked]  | of thinking we used when we created them."
                |              - Albert Einstein -
----------------+--------------------------------------------------