Subject: [Cfrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-cfrg-eddsa-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 22:04:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Crypto Forum of the IETF.

        Title           : Edwards-curve Digital Signature Algorithm (EdDSA) 
        Authors         : Simon Josefsson
                          Ilari Liusvaara
	Filename        : draft-irtf-cfrg-eddsa-07.txt
	Pages           : 59
	Date            : 2016-08-18

Abstract:
   The elliptic curve signature scheme Edwards-curve Digital Signature
   Algorithm (EdDSA) is described.  The algorithm is instantiated with
   recommended parameters for the edwards25519 and edwards448 curves.
   An example implementation and test vectors are provided.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-cfrg-eddsa/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-cfrg-eddsa-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-cfrg-eddsa-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Ilari Liusvaara <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 08:13:29 +0300

>         Authors         : Simon Josefsson

This one actually has some technical changes since -06.

- Add contextualized version of Ed25519. I have given it a new name
  "Ed25519ctx" to avoid confusion with existing "Ed25519".
- Modify Ed25519ph to not collide with Ed25519. Breaks existing
  Ed25519ph signatures (also, requires specialized implementation).
- Modify Ed448ph not to prefix the prehash, instead just using
  raw SHAKE256@512. Breaks existing Ed448ph signatures.

Ed25519 and Ed448 signatures were not modified (yup, the speculative
Ed448 implementations I did in December still work).

Open questions:
- What unclear stuff I introduced?
- What typos I introduced?
- Should contexts be here at all, instead of just having the hooks to
  add those to later?

-Ilari