Subject: [Cfrg] Call for review on EDHOC

From: Göran Selander <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 13:59:53 +0000

Dear CFRG, 

We have written a draft on embedding a key exchange in CBOR (RFC 7049) and
COSE (to-be RFC 8152) for the benefit of e.g. IoT devices implementing
those specifications. The draft is entitled Ephemeral Diffie-Hellman Over
COSE (EDHOC):

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-selander-ace-cose-ecdhe-06

We would be very grateful if someone had the time to make a review.

Chairs: would it be possible to make a 2-minute announcement in the CFRG
meeting at Eurocrypt 2017?

Thanks
Göran

On 2017-04-25 15:32, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>
>A new version of I-D, draft-selander-ace-cose-ecdhe-06.txt
>has been successfully submitted by Göran Selander and posted to the
>IETF repository.
>
>Name:		draft-selander-ace-cose-ecdhe
>Revision:	06
>Title:		Ephemeral Diffie-Hellman Over COSE (EDHOC)
>Document date:	2017-04-25
>Group:		Individual Submission
>Pages:		28
>URL:            
>https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-selander-ace-cose-ecdhe-06.txt
>Status:         
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-selander-ace-cose-ecdhe/
>Htmlized:       
>https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-selander-ace-cose-ecdhe-06
>Htmlized:       
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-selander-ace-cose-ecdhe-06
>Diff:           
>https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-selander-ace-cose-ecdhe-06
>
>Abstract:
>   This document specifies Ephemeral Diffie-Hellman Over COSE (EDHOC), a
>   compact, and lightweight authenticated Diffie-Hellman key exchange
>   with ephemeral keys that can be used over any layer.  EDHOC messages
>   are encoded with CBOR and COSE, allowing reuse of existing libraries.
>
>