Subject: Re: [Cfrg] New Version Notification for draft-brown-ec-2y2-x3-x-mod-8-to-91-plus-5-02.txt

From: "Paterson, Kenny" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 13:30:19 +0000

Dear CFRG,

Having reviewed the on-list discussion of this draft, we've decided to NOT adopt it as a CFRG work item. We've encouraged the author to follow the independent stream route if he wishes to pursue the draft.

Best wishes,

Kenny (for the chairs0

        -----Original Message-----
        From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
        Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2018 5:29 PM
        To: Dan Brown <[email-masked]>
        Subject: New Version Notification for 
        draft-brown-ec-2y2-x3-x-mod-8-to-91-plus-5-02.txt

        A new version of I-D, draft-brown-ec-2y2-x3-x-mod-8-to-91-plus-5-02.txt
        has been successfully submitted by Dan Brown and posted to the IETF 
        repository.
        
        Name:		draft-brown-ec-2y2-x3-x-mod-8-to-91-plus-5
        Revision:	02
        Title:		Elliptic curve 2y^2=x^3+x over field size 8^91+5
        Document date:	2018-10-04
        Group:		Individual Submission
        Pages:		35
        URL: 
        https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brown-ec-2y2-x3-x-mod-8-to-91-plus-5-02.txt
        Status: 
        https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-brown-ec-2y2-x3-x-mod-8-to-91-plus-5/
        Htmlized: 
        https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-brown-ec-2y2-x3-x-mod-8-to-91-plus-5-02
        Htmlized: 
        https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-brown-ec-2y2-x3-x-mod-8-to-91-plus-5
        Diff: 
        https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-brown-ec-2y2-x3-x-mod-8-to-91-plus-5-02
        
        Abstract:
          This document specifies a special elliptic curve with a compact
          description (see title) and an efficient endormorphism (complex
          multiplication by i).  This curve is only recommended for
          cryptographic use in a strongest-link combination with dissimilar
          elliptic curves (e.g. NIST P-256, Curve25519, extension-field
          curves, etc.).  Used in this manner, the curve special features
          serve as a defense in depth against an unlikely event: a new or
          secret attack against the other types of elliptic curves.

        
        Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission 
        until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
        
        The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Dan Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 15:16:30 +0000

Dear CFRG,
I will continue on the individual stream.
Thank you all for your time and effort taken so far (even just patiently 
listening); it helped (me) to make the draft better (than it would be 
otherwise).  Feel free to comment off-list.
Best regards,
Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Paterson, Kenny <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2018 9:30 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>; Dan Brown 
<[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: New Version Notification for 
draft-brown-ec-2y2-x3-x-mod-8-to-91-plus-5-02.txt

Dear CFRG,

Having reviewed the on-list discussion of this draft, we've decided to NOT 
adopt it as a CFRG work item. We've encouraged the author to follow the 
independent stream route if he wishes to pursue the draft.

Best wishes,

Kenny (for the chairs0

        -----Original Message-----
        From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
        Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2018 5:29 PM
        To: Dan Brown <[email-masked]>
        Subject: New Version Notification for
        draft-brown-ec-2y2-x3-x-mod-8-to-91-plus-5-02.txt

        A new version of I-D, 

        Abstract:

        Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
submission
        until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

        The IETF Secretariat