Subject: [Cfrg] I-D Action: draft-mcgrew-hash-sigs-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2019 07:59:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Crypto Forum RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Hash-Based Signatures
        Authors         : David McGrew
                          Michael Curcio
                          Scott Fluhrer
	Filename        : draft-mcgrew-hash-sigs-15.txt
	Pages           : 60
	Date            : 2019-01-07

Abstract:
   This note describes a digital signature system based on cryptographic
   hash functions, following the seminal work in this area of Lamport,
   Diffie, Winternitz, and Merkle, as adapted by Leighton and Micali in
   1995.  It specifies a one-time signature scheme and a general
   signature scheme.  These systems provide asymmetric authentication
   without using large integer mathematics and can achieve a high
   security level.  They are suitable for compact implementations, are
   relatively simple to implement, and naturally resist side-channel
   attacks.  Unlike most other signature systems, hash-based signatures
   would still be secure even if it proves feasible for an attacker to
   build a quantum computer.

   This document is a product of the Crypto Forum Research Group (CFRG)
   in the IRTF.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mcgrew-hash-sigs/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mcgrew-hash-sigs-15
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mcgrew-hash-sigs-15

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mcgrew-hash-sigs-15

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/