Subject: [Cfrg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-irtf-cfrg-xchacha-03.txt

From: Paragon Initiative Enterprises Security Team <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 07:04:41 -0500

Draft03 includes a change to the pseudocode suggested by Noah Schwarz
[1] that was not included in Draft02 due to oversight.

[1]: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/cfrg/wmzwforBziPOYG2CAQUDEyuYbfs

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 7:02 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-irtf-cfrg-xchacha-03.txt
To: Scott Arciszewski <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-irtf-cfrg-xchacha-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Scott Arciszewski and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-irtf-cfrg-xchacha
Revision:       03
Title:          XChaCha: eXtended-nonce ChaCha and AEAD_XChaCha20_Poly1305
Document date:  2020-01-10
Group:          cfrg
Pages:          18
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-cfrg-xchacha-03.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-cfrg-xchacha/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-cfrg-xchacha-03
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-cfrg-xchacha
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-cfrg-xchacha-03

Abstract:
   The eXtended-nonce ChaCha cipher construction (XChaCha) allows for
   ChaCha-based ciphersuites to accept a 192-bit nonce with similar
   guarantees to the original construction, except with a much lower
   probability of nonce misuse occurring.  This helps for long running
   TLS connections.  This also enables XChaCha constructions to be
   stateless, while retaining the same security assumptions as ChaCha.

   This document defines XChaCha20, which uses HChaCha20 to convert the
   key and part of the nonce into a subkey, which is in turn used with
   the remainder of the nonce with ChaCha20 to generate a pseudorandom
   keystream (e.g. for message encryption).

   This document also defines AEAD_XChaCha20_Poly1305, a variant of
   [RFC8439] that utilizes the XChaCha20 construction in place of
   ChaCha20.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat