Subject: [CFRG] new draft modifying HPKE

From: Dan Harkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 11:08:03 -0700

Hello,

   I know the cement on HPKE isn't quite dry yet but I wanted to get 
something ready
for when it is. As I've discussed on this list before I want to add 2 
things to HPKE:

   - compact output of the NIST curves
   - deterministic authenticated encryption

There's a new draft in the repository proposing just that:

     https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-harkins-cfrg-dnhpke/

Please take a look. Comments are welcome.

   Also, I implemented this in my HPKE code: 
https://github.com/danharkins/hpke-wrap.
The test vectors there are basically copied from the standard ones but I 
replaced
the KEM with the new KEM, compacted serialization, and encrypted with 
AES-SIV. I'd
welcome any attempts at interoperation.

   regards,

   Dan.

-- 
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to
escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius