Subject: [clue] New tickets related to signaling & transport solution

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 17:21:54 -0500

Hi all,

I created 4 new tickets based upon the "issues going forward" as summarized
in the IETF-84 minutes:
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/84/minutes/minutes-84-clue.txt

Note, that #12 and #13 can't be resolved until we have a data model on the
table.  However, we could start considering #14 & #15 (note that I've
separated the decision about the signaling protocol from the transport
protocol).  This draft summarized various options for the "signaling
protocol" (and not the transport protocol):
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-wenger-clue-transport-02.txt

We didn't really make any progress on the topic really other than agreeing
that SDP is not sufficient for signaling CLUE information:
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/83/minutes/minutes-83-clue.txt

And, the call flow document we discussed at IETF-84 also gets into the
signaling solution:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-romanow-clue-call-flow-02.txt

We are kind of in a chicken/egg situation right now since we don't have a
"message schema" or "clue instance" data model developed. But, it might
still be worthwhile to review the two above documents and at least
eliminate some more of the options or agree some things.

Regards,
Mary.