Subject: [clue] Meeting invitation: CLUE Design Team

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 12:16:41 -0500

Hi all,

Below are the new Webex details for the design team meetings.  I have
updated the wiki as well with the info.   We will shortly send the agenda
for tomorrow's meeting.

Mary.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Clue Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Subject: Meeting invitation: CLUE Design Team
To: [email-masked]

Hello ,

Clue Working Group invites you to attend this online meeting.

Topic: CLUE Design Team
Date: Every Tuesday, from Tuesday, August 14, 2012 to Tuesday, March 5,
2013
Time: 9:00 am, Central Daylight Time (Chicago, GMT-05:00)
Meeting Number: 642 221 028
Meeting Password: 1234

-------------------------------------------------------
To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)
-------------------------------------------------------
1. Go to
https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/j.php?ED=158121817&UID=1265811087&PW=NNWRkOGVjYTBh&RT=MiM3
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password: 1234
4. Click "Join".

To view in other time zones or languages, please click the link:
https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/j.php?ED=158121817&UID=1265811087&PW=NNWRkOGVjYTBh&ORT=MiM3

-------------------------------------------------------
To join the audio conference only
-------------------------------------------------------
Call-in toll number (US/Canada): +1-408-600-3600

Access code:642 221 028

-------------------------------------------------------
For assistance
-------------------------------------------------------
1. Go to https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/mc
2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support".

You can contact me at:
[email-masked]

To add this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft
Outlook), click this link:
https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/j.php?ED=158121817&UID=1265811087&ICS=MI&LD=1&RD=2&ST=1&SHA2=4FrGfPfxs/xl-6c5Pe8ihqG6MdpD-MoF6oBsrw86TDE=&RT=MiM3

The playback of UCF (Universal Communications Format) rich media files
requires appropriate players. To view this type of rich media files in the
meeting, please check whether you have the players installed on your
computer by going to https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/systemdiagnosis.php.

Sign up for a free trial of WebEx
http://www.webex.com/go/mcemfreetrial

http://www.webex.com

CCP:+14086003600x642221028#

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This WebEx service includes a feature that allows audio
and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during the
session to be recorded. By joining this session, you automatically consent
to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording, discuss your
concerns with the meeting host prior to the start of the recording or do
not join the session. Please note that any such recordings may be subject
to discovery in the event of litigation.

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 15:05:20 -0400

We are going to try to hold the design team meeting tomorrow.
Mary can't make it due to a travel conflict, so I'll be chairing.
But I think webex will still not work for me, so somebody else will have 
to grab the host role initially so that we can share. Mary is rounding 
up somebody to do that.

There is plenty that needs to be worked on, but lets try to focus.

One issue is ticket #11 (http://tools.ietf.org/wg/clue/trac/ticket/11), 
which has been in discussion lately. We have been having some discussion 
precisely on the ticket - is the extension needed? Or could the problem 
be solved with the static SSRC mapping. A different point came up in 
Vancouver (by Magnus or Colin) of whether its legal to use an RTP 
extension header to carry info that is essential to the functioning of 
clue.

I'll pose four questions to discuss tomorrow about this:

- can CLUE *work* without a dynamic mapping of RTP stream to
   capture+encoding pair? (Hence the requirement for an RTP extension.)

- if so, how severe are the negative consequences of doing so?

- can the capture+encoding information be conveyed with RTP in a
   way that is legal according to current RTP standards?

- if not, how difficult and timeconsuming will it be to update those
   standards for what we need?

If that doesn't take all the time, I'd like to discuss how to get work 
going on clue transport, beyond draft-wenger-clue-transport. It seems to 
me that we are just denying the inevitable. I'll propose a stake that I 
would like to drive:

- the CLUE transport will be the SCTP/DTLS/UDP stack that is proposed
   for RTCWEB.

So I'd like to hear any arguments about why we *shouldn't* drive that stake.

	Thanks,
	Paul

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Meeting invitation: CLUE Design Team
Date: 	Mon, 13 Aug 2012 12:16:41 -0500
From: 	Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
To: 	CLUE <[email-masked]>
CC: 	Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>

Hi all,

Below are the new Webex details for the design team meetings.  I have
updated the wiki as well with the info.   We will shortly send the
agenda for tomorrow's meeting.

Mary.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Clue Working Group* <[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Date: Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Subject: Meeting invitation: CLUE Design Team
To: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Hello ,

Topic: CLUE Design Team

-------------------------------------------------------
To join the audio conference only
-------------------------------------------------------
Call-in toll number (US/Canada): +1-408-600-3600 <tel:%2B1-408-600-3600>

Access code:642 221 028

You can contact me at:
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

The playback of UCF (Universal Communications Format) rich media files
requires appropriate players. To view this type of rich media files in
the meeting, please check whether you have the players installed on your
computer by going to https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/systemdiagnosis.php.

http://www.webex.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This WebEx service includes a feature that allows
audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during
the session to be recorded. By joining this session, you automatically
consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording,
discuss your concerns with the meeting host prior to the start of the
recording or do not join the session. Please note that any such
recordings may be subject to discovery in the event of litigation.