Subject: [clue] data model - ongoing work

From: Roberta Presta <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 19:40:43 +0100

Hi all,

a new version of the data model document will be soon  available.
The to-be-moved parts of the framework document (marked with BEGIN 
OUTSOURCE and END OUTSOURCE in the document) have been copied into the 
data model document.

The data model XML Schema has been restructured.
It is now conceived as a list of type definitions (no more <clueInfo> 
envelope).
This fits better the role of the data model and makes it more 
independent from the protocol message definition.
Protocol message definitions may use ad-hoc defined XML envelopes 
containing the desired information described in the datamodel (like, for 
example, an <advertisement> or a <configure> envelope).

With this idea in mind, we are currently defining a <captureEncoding> 
element representing the concept of capture encoding as defined in the 
framework. It contains a reference to a media capture and one ore more 
individual encodings, each one characterized by the consumer's desired 
parameters (as envisioned in par 9 page 32 of the framework-09 version).

At a high level of abstraction, Advertisement and Configure could be 
structured as:

<advertisement >
    ***
    <mediaCaptures>...
   <encodingGroups>...
   <captureScenes>...
   <encodings>...
   <simultaneousSets>...
</advertisement>

<configure>
  ***
  <captureEncodings>  ==> the list of capture encodings
</configure>

The *** part could be filled with to-be-defined elements and attributes 
taking into account sequence numbers, origin, and other information 
needed by the protocol.

Due to the fact that the cut-off date has just expired, we will post the 
updated draft on a temporary server here at our university.
I'll send you the link in an upcoming email.

Comments are welcome,

Roberta

-- 
Roberta Presta, Ph.D. Student
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Elettrica e delle Tecnologie dell'Informazione (DIETI)
Universita' degli Studi di Napoli "Federico II"
Via Claudio 21 -- 80125 Napoli (Italy)
Phone: +390817683821 - Fax: +390817683816

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 06:26:13 +0800

Hi Roberta,

This sounds great. One question below.

> parameters (as envisioned in par 9 page 32 of the framework-09 version).

Why would a single capture-encoding reference more than one encoding?
If that is for multicast, then I would expect each encoding to result in 
a separate capture-encoding.

	Thanks,
	Paul

---

From: Roberta Presta <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 15:19:09 +0100

Hi Paul,

Il 27/02/2013 23:26, Paul Kyzivat ha scritto:
> If that is for multicast, then I would expect each encoding to result 
> in a separate capture-encoding.

Yes, you are right.
Conceptually, a capture encoding is given from the association of a 
media capture with an encoding configured with a given set of 
parameters. For example, a video capture encoded with H263 with a 
certain frame rate.
I got misled when thinking about the consumer's configuration options 
stated in par. 9.
Thanks,

RP