Subject: [clue] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-groves-clue-capture-attr-01.txt

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 16:53:13 +1100

Hello all,

I've just posted a v1 of the Capture attribute draft 
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-groves-clue-capture-attr-01.txt). 
I based the updates based on the comments received to my emails posts 
regarding. This is summarised below:

Summary of CLUE attribute progress
----------------------------------

4.1 Presentation : No comments or concerns.

4.2 View : No comments or concerns.

4.3 Language:
There were comments that multiple languages need to be supported e.g. 
audio in one, embedded text in another. The text need to be clear 
whether it is supported or preferred language however it was clarified 
it is neither. Its the language of the content/capture. It was also 
noted that different speakers using different languages could talk on 
the main speakers capture therefore language should be a list. Seemed to 
be support for this.

4.4 Role
There were a couple of responses for support for this attribute. The 
actual values still need some work. It was noted that there were two 
possible sets of roles:
One group related to the titles of the person: i.e. Boss, Chairman,
Secretary, Lecturer, Audience
Another group related to conference
functions: i.e. Conference initiator, controller, speaker.

4.5 Priority
No direct comment on the proposal. There appeared to be some interest in 
a prioritisation scheme during discussions on the framework

4.6.1 Dynamic : No comments or concerns.

4.6.2 Embedded text:
There was a comment that "text" media capture was needed. It was also 
indicated that it should be possible to associate a language with 
embedded text. It should be possible to also specify language and 
script. e.g. Embedded text could have its own language.

E.g. VC1 (Language=ase,EmbeddedText=en)

This would indicate that the video contains American Sign Language and 
embedded text in English.

With respect to language and scripts it appears that RFC5646 allows the 
use of language plus script sub-tag. i.e.
zh-Hans (Chinese written using the Simplified Chinese script)

4.6.3 Supplementary Description
There was a comments that it could be interpreted as a free text field. 
The intention is that its more of a flag. A better name could be 
"Complementary feed"? There was also a comment that perhaps a specific 
"translator flag" is needed. It was noted the usage was like:
AC1 Language=English
AC2 Supplementary Description = TRUE, Language=Chinese

4.6.4 Telepresence
There were a couple of comments questioning the need for this parameter. 
This can be removed.

It would be good to continue discussions on the list or at the upcoming 
meeting.

Regards, Christian

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-groves-clue-capture-attr-01.txt
Date: 	Sun, 17 Feb 2013 21:49:33 -0800
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked], [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-groves-clue-capture-attr-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Christian Groves and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-groves-clue-capture-attr
Revision:	 01
Title:		 CLUE media capture description
Creation date:	 2013-02-18
Group:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 13
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-groves-clue-capture-attr-01.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-groves-clue-capture-attr
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-groves-clue-capture-attr-01
Diff:            http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-groves-clue-capture-attr-01

Abstract:
    This memo discusses how media captures are described and in
    particular the content attribute in the current CLUE framework
    document and proposes several alternatives.

The IETF Secretariat