Subject: [clue] Roles - Capture and Scene vCard

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 20:35:35 +1000

Hello

To follow up on my draft <draft-groves-clue-role-clarifications-00 
<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-groves-clue-role-clarifications/>> on 
roles I'm proposing some text for the framework for 3 new attributes to 
stimulate some discussion. I'll keep each of the attributes in a 
separate thread as there may be different issues for each attribute.

My proposed text to add to the framework for vCard information is:

In 6.1.1 Media Capture Attributes:

Capture vCard:

This attribute allows vCard [RFC6350] description/s to be associated 
with a capture. VCard defines a data format for representing and exchanging
a variety of information about individuals and other entities. The
information is grouped into the following set of properties:

o Identification Properties

o Delivery addressing properties

o Communications Properties

o Organizational Properties

o Explanatory Properties

o Security Properties

o Calendar Properties

These properties allow information such a participant’s “Person Name 
Title”,
“Person Occupation” and “Organisation Name”.
Whilst vCard allows to send a large amount of information an advertiser
may choose to send a minimal set of information such as
only a name or a more complete set with personal title, job title
etc. The only mandatory vCard field (apart from syntax related ones)
is the "FN" (Formatted name) property (section 6.2.1/[RFC 6350]).
This relates to the vCard "object" rather than a "person" which
allows for names other than person names to be used. So an endpoint
could transit the meeting roles even if the names of the people in
the conference are not available.

Advertisers utilising the vCard “role” parameter (section 6.6.2/[RFC6350])
SHOULD consider the use of ISO codes for the classifications of occupation
defined by [ISCO-8] “International Standard Classification of Occupations”.

The supported values and syntax of the attribute are as per [RFC 6350]

Alternatively an URI can be provided to point to a vCard description.

{CNG Note: Whilst this would keep message size down it does potentially
introduce security issues if the receiver is told to access a remote site.
Not sure about this? Opinions? }

AND in 6.2.1 Capture Scene Attributes
. vCard description of the Scene containing a a "group", "org" or 
"location" kind of vCard according to section 6.1.4/[RFC6350] to be 
associated with a capture.

Comments?

Regards, Christian