Subject: [clue] CLUE Issues in the tracker

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 14:25:28 -0500

Hi all,

You have probably seen all the messages fly by from the issue tracker.  I
have updated all the issues to point to the right documents (e.g., some
will still just the charter since we didn't have WG documents and as an
admin, I didn't realize I can edit those) and opened new issues based on
discussions from IETF-90.

There are several issues that I think are already closed, in particular for
data-model and clue-protocol. If the authors can just post a note to the
list as to the document version where they were resolved, I can close those
in the tracker.

You will notice that issues were opened for each of the documents that do
not have a security considerations section and in some cases IANA
consideration sections. I consider those issues blocking as we cannot
progress the documents without those sections being adequately addressed.
I also do not think any of those docs can go through pre-WGLC without at
least a first pass at text for those sections as I don't want WGLC to be
the first time that people are looking at this text.  I have yet to have a
document go through IETF Last call & IESG review that hasn't had some
comments on the security section, so the more work we do and the earlier we
do it, the easier it will be to resolve those issues later.   We will be
updating the s/s & dates to reflect some delays in document reviews due to
this.

You will also notice that I opened a few issues that are basically action
items. These are from the IETF-90 minutes and it's just a way to keep track
of those. However, I did NOT open issues for all the action items, so the
document editors need to make sure they review the minutes for all the
action items:  http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/90/minutes/minutes-90-clue

As far as the design team meetings, the focus will be on the issues in the
tracker for each of the documents, so it's important to make sure all open
issues are in the tracker. I would suggest that for any issue that is
discussed on the list for which there is not a quick resolution (e.g,. a
few emails) the document editor either needs to open an issue or send text
for the issue to the WG chairs and we'll open an issue. This will make it
much easier for everyone to know where each of the WG documents is as we
get close to completing deliverables.

Thanks,
Mary.