Subject: [clue] I-D Action: draft-ietf-clue-signaling-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 16:49:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the ControLling mUltiple streams for tElepresence Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : CLUE Signaling
        Authors         : Paul Kyzivat
                          Lennard Xiao
                          Christian Groves
                          Robert Hansen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-clue-signaling-03.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2014-08-26

Abstract:
   This document specifies how CLUE-specific signaling such as the CLUE
   protocol [I-D.presta-clue-protocol] and the CLUE data channel
   [I-D.ietf-clue-datachannel] are used with each other and with
   existing signaling mechanisms such as SIP and SDP to produce a
   telepresence call.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-clue-signaling/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-clue-signaling-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-clue-signaling-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Robert Hansen (rohanse2)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 23:54:10 +0000

This was mostly an update to go through the examples and make sure all the syntax and behaviour was up-to-date and add more detail. I also corrected some issues Paul identified with the previous draft, and corrected a few language issues. See the change history for a few more details.

Rob 

-----Original Message-----
From: clue [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: 27 August 2014 00:50
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [clue] I-D Action: draft-ietf-clue-signaling-03.txt

        Title           : CLUE Signaling
        Authors         : Paul Kyzivat
                          Lennard Xiao
                          Christian Groves
                          Robert Hansen

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
clue mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/clue

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 18:22:26 +1000

Hello Rob,

Thanks for the update.

A few comments:
Cl.4.3 - ID.presta-clue-protocol can be updated to 
draft-ietf-clue-protocol-01 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-clue-protocol/>

Cl.4.4.1 - Indicates that STUN/DTLS must be sent if negotiated and on a 
CONFIGURE media packets are sent. Do we need to say that if the 
Configure doesn't select the encoding then any STUN/security 
associations are removed? or?
Also I take packets aren't sent until the CONFIGURE message is received 
AND the SDP is updated to a=sendonly? In the paragraphs above it 
indicates that sendonly or inactive may be sent. I guess this also 
relates to cl.5.2.

Cl.4.4.1.1 - "...SHOULD represent<> an encoding..." in two places

Cl.5.1 Paragraph 1 - "/likewise the implementation's ability to send a 
new CLUE//
//   ADVERTISEMENT or CONFIGURE message is not restricted by the results//
//   of or the state of the most recent SDP negotiation./" That's not 
strictly true. The SDP negotiation may have removed the data channel in 
which case the endpoint can't use CLUE messages.

Cl.5.1 Paragraph 2 - "An implementation that is" Seems to be an 
incomplete sentence.

Cl.5.1 Para.3 - "...NOT reject a CLUE protocol message<> sole<l>y 
because it contains <encID> element that do not match a <label> in SDP."

Cl.7 Example flows 1 & 2: They say COMEDIA e.g. SIP INVITE 1 (BASIC 
SDP+COMEDIA) should they say CLUE or DataChannel instead?

Cl.7 1st paragraph under the fig: It mentions audio, but above the 
figure it says only video is considered. Audio is also mentioned in 
other places.

Cl.7 Pg.17 2nd para: "This is illustrated as "CLUE <CTRL> CHANNEL 
ESTABLISHED"

Cl.15 how about the following as a start?:
   This document registers the following semantics with IANA in the
    "Semantics for the "group" SDP Attribute" subregistry (under the
    "Session Description Protocol (SDP) Parameters" registry:

    Semantics                              Token   Reference
    -------------------------------------  ------  ---------
    CLUE controlled m-line                 CLUE    [this draft]

  This specification registers a new media feature tag in the SIP [3]
    tree per the procedures defined in RFC 2506 [2] and RFC 3840 [4].

       Media feature tag name: sip.clue

       ASN.1 Identifier: 1.3.6.1.8.4.26

       Summary of the media feature indicated by this tag: This feature
       tag indicates that the device supports CLUE controlled media.

       Values appropriate for use with this feature tag: Boolean.

       The feature tag is intended primarily for use in the following
       applications, protocols, services, or negotiation mechanisms: This
       feature tag is most useful in a communications application for
       describing the capabilities of a device which uses multiple media 
streams.

       Examples of typical use: Telepresence conference supported CLUE 
enabled media.

       Related standards or documents: <this draft>.

       Security Considerations: <TBD>.

Regards, Christian