Subject: [clue] Def. "CLUE data channel"

From: "Schwarz, Albrecht (Albrecht)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 14:17:27 +0000

Like to propose a clarification/enhancement of the WebRTC DC definition in CLUE:

draft-ietf-clue-datachannel-07 
2. Conventions
...
   WebRTC Data Channel refers to a SCTPoDTLS association
   [I-D.ietf-tsvwg-sctp-dtls-encaps] that is used to transport non-media
   data between two entities, according to the procedures in
   [I-D.ietf-rtcweb-data-channel].

   CLUE data channel refers to a WebRTC Data Channel
   [I-D.ietf-rtcweb-data-channel] realization, with a specific set of
   SCTP characteristics, with the purpose of transporting CLUE protocol
   [I-D.ietf-clue-protocol] messages between two CLUE entities.

Issue:
the paragraph, as a summary of clause 6.4/draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-channel-13, seems to be a too high abstraction (because equating a "WebRTC DC" entity with a "SCTPoDTLS" association entity), however, the level of SCTP stream is missing.

Like to suggest following enhancement:

WebRTC Data Channel: represents an SCTP stream level object, constituted by a pair of one incoming SCTP stream and one outgoing SCTP stream (with identical SCTP stream identifier values), using the transport of a SCTPoDTLS association [I-D.ietf-tsvwg-sctp-dtls-encaps] that is used to transport non-media data between two entities, according to the procedures in [I-D.ietf-rtcweb-data-channel].

Regards,
Albrecht

PS
The definition of CLUE data channel is not affect because refering to the "realization" section in clause 6.4/draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-channel.

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 21:50:30 +1100

I'm OK with your suggested definition.

May we need to define WebRTC SCTPoDTLS association as a means of 
discussing the association?

Regards, Christian

On 3/02/2015 1:17 AM, Schwarz, Albrecht (Albrecht) wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> clue mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/clue
>