Subject: [clue] Alexey Melnikov's Discuss on draft-ietf-clue-data-model-schema-15: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

From: "Alexey Melnikov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2016 00:46:58 -0700

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-clue-data-model-schema-15: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-clue-data-model-schema/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is generally a well written document, but I have a couple of very
small points that need to be fixed:

Abstract: I have no CLUE what you are talking about. Abstracts should be
self contained, i.e. being understandable on its own. The Introduction
section has more relevant text which you might want to copy here.

In 11.13: you need to have a Normative Reference to the language tag
document here (RFC 5646) when you describe the "lang" attribute.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

In 11.24.1: A reference to xCard would be good to have here.

In 16.30:

MIME type name typo on the Subject line.

"Application that use this media type: none ?"

I don't think this is correct. Please provide some examples of
applications that would be using this media type. If no applications are
going to be using this media type, there is no need to register it ;-).

---

From: Simon Pietro Romano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 15:11:42 +0200

Hello Alexey,

please find in-line our answers to your comments (preceded by [spromano]).

[spromano] Got it. What about the following amended abstract?

*****************************************************************************
This document provides an XML schema file 
for the definition of CLUE data model types. the term 'CLUE' stands for 
"ControLling mUltiple streams for tElepresence" and is the name of 
the IETF working group in which this document, as well as other 
companion documents, has been developed. The document defines a coherent
structure for information associated with the description of a 
telepresence session. 
*****************************************************************************

> document here (RFC 5646) when you describe the "lang" attribute.

[spromano] Done.

[spromano] Done (the mentioned text is now in Section 16.1, btw).

> MIME type name typo on the Subject line.

[spromano] Typo corrected.

> going to be using this media type, there is no need to register it ;-).

[spromano] Corrected. We put "CLUE-capable telepresence systems” there. Does this work for you?

Cheers,

Simon & Roberta
                     					       _\\|//_
                           				      ( O-O )
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o00~~(_)~~00o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    				Simon Pietro Romano
             				 Universita' di Napoli Federico II
                		     Computer Engineering Department 
	             Phone: +39 081 7683823 -- Fax: +39 081 7683816
                                           e-mail: [email-masked]

		    <<Molti mi dicono che lo scoraggiamento è l'alibi degli 
		    idioti. Ci rifletto un istante; e mi scoraggio>>. Magritte.
               			                     oooO
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(   )~~~ Oooo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
					                 \ (            (   )
			                                  \_)          ) /
                                                                       (_/

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2016 15:02:41 +0100

Hi Simon,

> [spromano] Got it. What about the following amended abstract?

This is much better. I am not convinced that the acronym CLUE is going
to have much relevance after the WG is closed, but this is not a reason
to block publication of this document.
 
> [spromano] Typo corrected.

Thank you for fixing these.

> [spromano] Corrected. We put "CLUE-capable telepresence systems” there.

Yes.

Best Regards,
Alexey

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 12:19:04 -0500

Not my Discuss, but ...

> > [spromano] Got it. What about the following amended abstract?

Is there a name for the output of the CLUE working group? I did participate
in CLUE before joining the IESG, but I don't remember one.

I know we usually pull RFC references to IETF working groups (which
conclude, while RFCs remain unchanged until the earth is swallowed by the
sun), but it would be nice to have a way to refer to what the working group
did before it concluded.

If not, maybe "... and is the name of a telepresence technology developed
in the IETF"?

Spencer, just trying to be helpful ...